When I activate Siri with the home button it does not vibrate or make any noise

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TRICKorDEVICE, Sep 27, 2015.

1. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

Is that the way this is supposed to work? In the past it would make an audible sound and I could've sworn that with my iPhone 6 the phone would vibrate when activating Siri. How is it supposed to work?

2. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

It only vibrates after it is done listening. It does not vibrate when it starts listening. Should I try a hard reset?

3. justinf77, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015

justinf77 macrumors 6502

Nothing's wrong with your device. It happens on the 6s. Not sure if it's a bug or what but I prefer the way it worked on the 6.

4. RickG macrumors regular

I have been trying to figure out why the 6s doesn't vibrate when you activate siri- stupid that it doesn't work like the 6 - really not good..... hopefully they fix this soon.

5. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the replies. I was going nuts. Must be a weird bug. It is not good to not get a prompt to let you know you should start talking.

6. Cryates macrumors 65816

How is this even an issue? Why do we need Siri to vibrate when we activate it? What purpose does that serve?

7. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

Um…to let you know it's listening. Why do you think it use to make a noise?And why do you think it vibrates when it is done listening. And don't forget blind people or people with other accessibility needs. It works properly on the iPhone 6. It's clearly a bug. Do you see why now?

8. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

After iOS 9 Siri doesn't make a activation tone if you're in silent mode. Very good for me.

9. ftlum macrumors regular

Turn on vibration with ring in sounds. Send Apple a feature request so they get this fixed as a separate toggle.

10. YoungCalusa macrumors member

When Siri is activated with the "Hey Siri" command it makes an audible noise so it's definitely a bug.

11. BrentD macrumors regular

When you activate Siri using the home button, it reasons that you're looking at the screen. No beep since IOS9 was introduced. If you activate it with Hey Siri, it beeps because you would logically be doing it hands free.

12. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I noticed this too. I'm not bothered by it, but I did absolutely notice it. It seems to both make a sound and vibrate when using "Hey Siri", so there's that.

13. sn macrumors 6502

Well it's incorrect. Most of the time I'm not looking at my screen when I do it.