When I always open the music app it always asks for my Apple ID password..??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MisterBigMack, Jun 30, 2014.

1. MisterBigMack macrumors regular

It's only really happened in the last few days this as well... I am using iTunes Match and whenever I open the music ap. it always asks me to log in-or just ask for my password for my Apple ID...

why why is it doing this and how can I stop it? Like I said it's only been happening. In last few days

2. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

3. iamgalt macrumors regular

iamgalt

I've noticed the same thing. I'm not using iTunes Match at all. I've never activated it, I just am trying to listen to files that are physically on the phone. Like other people, this just started a few days ago. I have not changed any settings anywhere in the OS, not been on any new networks, haven't even attempted to buy anything on the iTunes store, or the App store. I'm able to play the music on my phone, but whenever I start the music app, or unlock my phone (iPhone 5, latest iOS 7), it asks for the password again, even if it's currently playing music. If anyone know's what's causing this, or if there is a work around, it would be appreciated. It's not preventing me from doing anything on my phone, it's just annoying to have to type in my password all the time. I have not yet tried it on my iPad Air.

4. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I've actually noticed this is well. I thought it was just me (I am subscribed to iTunes Match). I usually just hit "cancel" since I don't see the point in having to enter my password if I'm not in the iTune or App Store apps.

5. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

6. snowman1 macrumors regular

Yeah, I've noticed this as well even though I haven't purchased anything from the store and am not a iTunes Match subscriber. I finally gave in and entered my password, and it hasn't bothered me after that.