When I changed my billing info. I got charged $12.99 iTunes? Did my account get stolen for iTunes?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by DBZmusicboy01, Apr 5, 2018.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

I am on iOS 11.3
    I changed my billing information for the App Store last night. And today I saw a $12.99 charge. Is that normal?

2. Chazzle macrumors 68000

Chazzle

You most likely had a pending purchase that was held up by incorrect billing info, and that purchase went through when you updated it. You should receive an emailed receipt about the charge. Either way, I would contact iTunes and see what is going on.

3. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

Settings>iTunes & App StoreS>Apple ID>View Apple ID>Purchase History

You’ll see all app purchases and subscription.

4. az431 macrumors 6502a

az431

You may have better luck contacting Apple rather than random strangers on the internet.

5. NoBoMac macrumors 68000

This.

Where are you seeing the charge? Could be the credit card has been compromised by some other source. Not sure if possible today, but back in the day, credit card scammers would make purchases on iTunes to test the cc number is still viable before using it on something more valuable.

Do as Banglazed said. If not seeing a purchase there, could be your CC information has been stolen recently (eg. the recent Saks/Lord & Taylor, Delta Airlines, Sears breaches).