When I click on Pictures folder finder window crashes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacGap, Dec 29, 2011.

1. MacGap macrumors newbie

Hi, This is a first post. I'm predominantly a windows user, but have converted, so forgive the noob parts. I added pictures to my pictures folder. I also added a new album to iphoto. I dont use iphoto, so its either of these I believe that caused corruption. I could not access pictures folder as it crashed finder. I accessed it via xfolders. Moved all items out of pictures to desktop. So with an empty folder, I thought problem would be gone. However still exists. I tried to delete pictures folder, but have read that this is not possible. My idea was to create a new one and move pictures back in. Can't be done. So with nothing in the pictures folder, why does it still appear to be corrupted? I suspect a Plist is to be deleted. I've tried to start in safe mode. Cant do that, Cant find plist. so now i'm at a loss. I'm using 10.7 lion. I'm thinking I shouldnt have upgraded as I never had issues with Mac before......Please help...and happy New year :)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Have you tried simply restarting your Mac? How exactly are you attempting to start in safe mode and what happens when you try it?