When I open my applications, they open seperately

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jwxxite, Nov 9, 2009.

1. jwxxite macrumors newbie

Hi.
    I have macBookPro 15''. When i open my applications, they open separately.
    for example, if i am using safari and decide to open itunes the two doesn't overlap. And i want them to overlap. its annoying when im on aim and skype and i have to click the icon every time when someone talks to me. But i can make the applications open overlapping "holding alt/option key and clicking the application at the same time". but this is really annoying.
    can someone help me please?

2. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

If I understand you right when I open a new one it goes on top too...I use Expose to switch between them when I need to (4 finger swipe down or F3). Or like on MSN or Skype if I am doing something on top and a message comes I just click the bouncing icon on the dock. There might be other ways but that's how I as a new Mac user have managed.

3. jwxxite thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm. No i want my applications to open on the same page, overlapping.
    right now i am using firefox and i just clicked on skype to login and it closed my firefox and opened. I mean my firefox is still open but
    separated from skype.

4. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

Sorry man that it out of my depth. I thought that was just how OSX worked. I know what you mean but don't know how to do it.

5. jshelton macrumors 6502a

I don't think that is an option in OS X. I know what you mean, but I don't think it is possible.

You can always decrease the size of your browser window and put the Skype window in the extra space so you can see both windows.

If there IS a way to do what you are wanting, I hope someone chimes in. That would be an interesting tip. Good luck.

6. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Do you mean that they open on different Spaces?

7. neonblue2 macrumors 6502a