When I Pre-Ordered Something Odd Happened

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aml216, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    I quickly checked out with my pre-order of an iPhone 6S Plus using the iPhone app. I had my billing address set (my home), and shipment address (my work place) already dialed in under account settings.
    Before I knew it I was done, and I thought "great!" Then I looked over the order details on the confirmation page. I noticed a couple things:

1. It is shipping to my my home address, not my work place address
    2. It is under a phone number I do not recognize
    3. Wrong last four digits of the credit card (dunno whose it is!?)

In any case, I quickly re-ordered, this time being very careful about it this time. I did it in the iPhone app like I did the first time. This time it got it right. Correct shipping address, phone number contact, and credit card.

I sent an email to Apple support asking they cancel that first order. I received the confirmation e-mail for the phone I want canceled, but am still waiting on the confirmation email for the second (correct) phone...

Did anything like this happen to anyone else?

2. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

3. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

The last four digits are probably the Device Account Number. They're tied to your device/apple pay account and are different than the last four digits of your card number.

4. Aml216 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    You're right. It said Visa device account number. I wonder why it defaulted to that.

I did notice the first order asked me for my Apple ID password. The second time Apple pay prompted me for my finger print.

Odd.