When I try to install windows this happens...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Airwaven, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Airwaven macrumors newbie

When I try to install windows using the Boot Camp Assistant, I don't get any type of message or anything I just get to the Windows installer and there is only one partition to install windows on. And it's not the same size as any partition on my computer and there is only one. Also I run a iMac 2.4Ghz model the 20" one. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Is the drive/partition you're looking to install it on properly formatted?

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

BC Assistant doesn't have anything to do with installing Windows, it just partitions the drive to allow for a normal installation on the newly-created partition. You should, after a BC partitioning, ALWAYS have at least two partitions showing under the Windows installer, one labeled "Partition 1" (the Mac partition, do NOT mess with it), and the one labeled "C:", which is the one you created with BC Assistant, and that's the one that the Windows installation is performed on, after formatting.

Attached Files:

4. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

UltraNEO had the same problem here. Find his post. I believe he fixed it by reslipstreaming his XP Pro disk with SP2. The Problem, in his case, was that SP2 was on the disk but it used a SP1 installer, causing a confusion in Boot Camp.

5. Airwaven thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured that might be the problem, Thanks for the help everyone.

6. Airwaven thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i believe so, Boot Camp formats it in MS-DOS FAT. That's what it says in Disk Utility anyway.

7. Petey07 macrumors member

how does he do it? I have xp home edition with SP1, will it install smoothly?

8. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Nope you need sp2 try googling slipstream sp2 this is UltraNEO's post

9. scott:mac macrumors regular

Windows probs

Er well i have A disc image of Windows XP in CCD and IMG.
    And i do not know how this will work for Boot Camp, i really need help on how to do this.
    Walkthrough help.

scottkiely@hotmail.com < please add and explain thanks