When, if ever, do you think the iP4 signal problem will be sorted by Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 0dev, Jun 30, 2010.

?

How long will it be before Apple sorts the signal issue?

1. Within the week

11 vote(s)
    12.6%
  2. 1-2 weeks

29 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. 1-2 months

18 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. 3-4 months

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  5. Longer

27 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Assuming it's a hardware problem, how long do you think it'll take Apple to fix it in the new batches of iPhones?

I'm a bit worried that, since the current stance seems to be that there is no problem, it won't get fixed, but there's no way I'd put up with a £500 phone that can't even get signal, so I'd stick to my 3GS if that's the case.

2. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Steve Jobs already blew off this problem.

Now his ego is involved, they will forget all about fixing it.

Besides they are too busy with the CDMA version for Verizon.

One minute there is a "shortage" of GSM iPhone 4 models, and a "supplier issue". The next minute we are hearing the truth. He's about to sell millions more thru Verizon.

He's already grabbed the headlines, the cash, and laughed all the way to the bank.

The current iPhone 4 has done it's job of fattening the coffers, now Steve's on to the next project.

It's grand to be Steve Jobs, leader of the little people.

3. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

What, no "never" option? That seems the most likely at this point, what with Steve's comments and the AppleCare script for explaining why the customer isn't using the device properly.

4. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Well, I think "Much Longer" covers the iPhone 5, so, I think it'd be fixed by then, eh?

Anyways, I just hope it's fixed by the Canadian launch. Although that's probably unlikely. :(

5. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I choose to remain optimistic and that the problem will be resolved soon. Part of me thinks it will never happen, but I hope I am wrong.

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

The problem will be fixed next summer with iPhone 5.

7. tritonj macrumors 6502a

there is a design flaw that has created a problem that is caused by 3 factors, hardware/software/location

so what apple will do is release new firmware that will hopefully be able to alleviate the problem and not drop anymore calls. but you can forget about the design problem being fixed until the next gen. software tweaks should help to stop the dropped calls though but there will be a point where no amount of tweaking will help

8. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Just called back my rep and he said there is a new document that is Apple's official stance on the matter which was exactly, word-for-word what Boy Genius Report posted.

Where he was previously telling me engineering is working on the problem, he is now telling me it is perfect and there is nothing wrong with it.

This POS is going back to the store this weekend. Thanks, Apple.

9. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Same as iPad WIFI fix, there is no spoon friends.

10. Theshadowonme macrumors newbie

I was also looking for the "never" option.

11. allanweinman macrumors newbie

I was also looking for a never option. My 3Gs will have to do until iPhone 5 or some future Android.

12. uoduckies macrumors newbie

Apple's solution is for everyone to put either an 3rd party case on the phone or Apple's own bumpers. One of the reason I upgraded to the iphone was for the looks. I love the metal surround. By putting any full case on it you are covering up how sexy this phone really is. To my thats not a solution. They need to fix this without making everyone dress up their phones.