When iOS 7...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jcdm, Jul 26, 2013.

1. jcdm macrumors member

When the final version out what would be the procedure to clean install after being with the betas?

Regards

2. iFiend macrumors 65816

Just like any other clean install

3. jcdm thread starter macrumors member

4. zmagik macrumors regular

Not 100% but I think iTunes you shift- click check for update and find the iPSW

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

When iOS 7 comes out officially, and you want to do a clean install, just plug your iOS device into iTunes and click the Restore button.

iTunes will download the latest iOS version from Apple (which will be iOS 7), erase your phone, and the reinstall iOS cleanly.

AFAIK, there's never any reason to downgrade in order to do a clean install of the latest official iOS version. :confused:

6. jcdm thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!!!!

7. batting1000, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013

batting1000 macrumors 604

If you've been running the betas, it might be a good idea to do a clean install without resting a backup just to be sure nothing from the betas carry over like background processes or something that might've caused a battery drain. You can do so by just plugging the device in a restoring (once iOS 7 is out). Of course you don't *have* to do this but it's recommended just so you don't run into any bugs or anything that may have carried over. Apple also recommends doing a clean install of the GM.

If the GM is the same build as the final release, you won't be prompted to update.

8. iKaushal macrumors 6502

iKaushal

Won't a clean install make me lose all my text messages?

Also those using gmail via Ms exchange for push mail, will lose the functionality and will have to go for fetch if they do a clean install. Correct me if I am wrong pls.

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

If you do a clean install and don't restore from a backup, your statement above is true.

10. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

A "clean" install of IOS would be Option-Restore. That's one way. The other would be to downgrade IOS 7 back to IOS 6.1.4, then when the public release of IOS 7 goes public, just press update.

11. batting1000 macrumors 604

Or when iOS 7 goes public, you can just click restore.