Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shaqq

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2014
I'm on iOS 8 GM now. In the morning I'm going to restore back to iOS 7.1.2 so I can do a clean install for the public release of iOS 8. Can I backup iOS 8 before that then restore from it on the public release? And also can I just stay on ISO 8 GM and it'll automatically update when I connect to iTunes?

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I'm on iOS 8 GM now. In the morning I'm going to restore back to iOS 7.1.2 so I can do a clean install for the public release of iOS 8. Can I backup iOS 8 before that then restore from it on the public release? And also can I just stay on ISO 8 GM and it'll automatically update when I connect to iTunes?

Yes to it all.

Shaqq

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2014
When iOS comes out tomorrow about installing fresh.

So I can stay on IOS 8 GM to get the public release? It'll pop up on iTunes without going back to 7.1.2?

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
So I can stay on IOS 8 GM to get the public release? It'll pop up on iTunes without going back to 7.1.2?

This has been answered many many times.

iOS 8 GM is the Public release. Apple may also release 8.0.1 in the coming days, which will be available for you OTA.

Shaqq

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2014
This has been answered many many times.

iOS 8 GM is the Public release. Apple may also release 8.0.1 in the coming days, which will be available for you OTA.

I've been reading that there's features that's not in the GM that will be in the public release like the siri music feature and other ones.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
I've been reading that there's features that's not in the GM that will be in the public release like the siri music feature and other ones.

I think i remember last year i did not restore and was able to get updates on iOS 7 GM

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.