When iOS5 beta 2 is released....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tito Georgie, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Tito Georgie, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011

Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

Do I need to get my udid acivated again to update ?

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

if you mean when the second beta and all the ones after it are released? no i dont think you have to. once its under a dev account you should be good

3. Tito Georgie thread starter macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

Yes I meant beta 2. My bad, but thanks.

4. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

If the developer removes your udid then you will... At least that is how it was previous years. It may. Be different this time because the phone does over air updates.

5. NYRob94 macrumors member

NYRob94

When the iOS5 beta 2 comes out will I go about downloading and installing it the same way I did for iOS5 beta1? (By option clicking restore in itunes and selecting the .ipsw file? Only thing that would suck about didnt it that way again is I have to go through the whole restore process again which took me a few hours to sync my device, it went much slower that when you normally restore from a backup and all my folder where deleted so i had to sit there for about 20 min going through the 11 pages of apps I had and remake all the folders. Unless I did it wrong or someone has a solution for getting around that when the next beta 2 is out. (FYI I had my iPhone registered by a developer for $7 so I don't think I'll have an issues)