Carrier when iphone 6/6plus price will drop after new iPhone reveal or release

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amajdxt, Aug 19, 2015.

1. amajdxt macrumors newbie

amajdxt

here is my question about iPhone 6 n 6 plus. i want to buy iPhone 6 plus. next month new iPhone will come .give me suggestion.when should i buy.how much new iPhone should effect on old iPhone.(how much price will come down ) and tell me price will come down after new iPhone reveal or release.help me then i buy my ticket back my country

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

It will go down when the new device is announced or released. But not by much. Maybe $50. You best deal will be used and the prices for used 6 and 6+ are already dropping as more and more people put their one year old phone up for sale to pay for the new iPhone.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, as the newer models roll out, last year's models will decrease in value

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

OP, are you talking about buying a NEW iPhone 6+ or a USED iPhone 6+ when the next iPhone comes out?

As has already been mentioned, the used ones will drop in value b/c there will be so many for sale from people wanting to upgrade.

Additionally, the new ones will drop in price by $100 IF Apple keeps them around (some have suggested that since it's a flagship device, Apple won't continue to sell the older version).

Hope this helps.

5. carvell macrumors newbie

Does anybody have any thoughts on what will happen to the iPhone 6 when the 6s is released?

Perhaps the 6 will stay for sale at the same price as it is now and the 6s will sell alongside it and be more expensive than the 6?

Or maybe the 6 will be reduced in price and the 6s will start to tell at the same price the 6 is now?

6. Mac-lover3 macrumors 6502

Mac-lover3

Normally if history repeats itself it would be:
    6S+: 799€
    6S: 699€
    -----------------
    6+: 699€
    6: 599€
    -----------------
    5S: 399€

7. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I wonder if Apple would drop the 6/6+ and just keep the 5S...