Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meemeeshekel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2009
I just got my iPhone and jailbroke it with blackra1n and cydia. If I turn off the iPhone by holding the on/off button, and then slide the red button over it turns off just fine but then when I turn it back on again the screen has a icon with Itunes telling me to plug in my iPhone and then I am pushed to restore my iPhone. I can never return to my original screen, so I never turn it off. Perhaps something went wrong with the jailbreaking?? I have no idea. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks =)

meemeeshekel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2009
Thanks Aggie. Is there anything I could do about it so that it will turn off or do I just not turn off my phone and if it does just use blackra1n again? thanx.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Thanks Aggie. Is there anything I could do about it so that it will turn off or do I just not turn off my phone and if it does just use blackra1n again? thanx.

Don't turn off your phone. Let it go into sleep mode if you want. You don't have to "re-jailbreak" if you turn it off, you just need to have it attached via usb to your computer when it starts up. It's not fun, but that's what happens on the new phones with the updated bootrom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.