When is Apple ever going to fix this 6+ App Store issue?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Kevsta26, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

So you find an app on the App Store on your iPhone 6 Plus, let's say the #1 free app currently, Agar.io.

[​IMG]

You're interested in viewing the app's pictures. They're all landscape but showing in portrait orientation. Instinctively, you rotate the phone to landscape to view the photo in full screen in the proper orientation.

[​IMG]

That simple, right?

[​IMG]

Wrong.
    Because you have a 6+, the entire App Store can show in landscape mode as well as portrait, so, when you rotate your phone to view a landscape photo of an app, the entire App Store flips to landscape causing the photo to once again be the wrong direction causing you to never be able to view the photo in its proper orientation without using portrait lock or a lot of frustrating phone movements...

2. c55 macrumors regular

c55

I just toggle the rotation lock in CC if I really want to see the picture. But I agree Apple should fix it.

With the iPad, landscape pictures are cropped to portrait screen size and then when you click on the photo and turn the iPad over it goes to landscape correctly.

3. stusgt67 macrumors regular

stusgt67

Yep, totally agree, don't understand why this isn't fixed!

4. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a