Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IpadMania

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Stock price nearing 52 week lows and tim cook apologizing and looking like a fool. Apple not making any products and my investment account looks like it was dumped in the toilet.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Stock price nearing 52 week lows

Not good, but it happens.

and tim cook apologizing

Rare, but China presents an enormous opportunity for Apple so they stand to benefit if he/they come across as "caring".

and looking like a fool.

Your opinion.

Apple not making any products

Your imagination.

and my investment account looks like it was dumped in the toilet.

Your problem.

eco7777

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
No one owns apple stock on here above $600 a share?

i used to own Apple at 14. A friend sold them while i was on vacation in FL and bought MCI.

I didn't shoot him, but at that moment my life went to hell in the Event Horizon.

IpadMania

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Most of us that did own it at a 600+ price, sold when we saw it going down. You might want to start paying better attention to your investments. :rolleyes:

Oh yes that makes sense. Sell when something starts going down. FAIL

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
Oh yes that makes sense. Sell when something starts going down. FAIL

You say "FAIL" but yet, you're the one on a forum bitching about having a stock that's 200 down from where you purchased it. The writing was on the wall way before it went down. If you actually knew more about what was going on with your money, maybe you wouldn't be here complaining. Seems to me, MacRumors isn't what you need to be reading.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Sounds like someone should diversify their investments and stop living day to day or week to week with them.

If I cared about the daily ups and downs of my Roth IRA or 401k, I think I'd go insane. Even a year is nothing in the long run (unless you're much older and nearing retirement).

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Stock price nearing 52 week lows and tim cook apologizing and looking like a fool. Apple not making any products and my investment account looks like it was dumped in the toilet.

I sincerely hope your investment account is diversified with more than just AAPL otherwise you're the fool.

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
The iPad Mini was the death of the stock. AAPL was doing fine before (up to $700!). When the iPad Mini was released, reality set in and people saw the real Tim Cook era, an era void of creativity and focusing on the product rather than profit. The things that caused Apple to fall in the 90s are happening again.

Apple can't survive in this direction. No major hardware or software upgrades since October 2012. :confused: Even Pixar has taken a hit after Steve Jobs died. (Cars 2, Brave) And now there are plenty of pointless sequels and no creativity. Just like Apple is making pointless variations on its products (the cheaper iPhone rumor BETTER NOT be true).

I bought the stock at $209. I saw it rise up to $700 in 3 years. I saw it fall $200 in a couple of months. Something is wrong. I hope Apple is hiding something big... like Logic Pro X, new Mac Pro, major iOS 7 upgrade, iLife '13, iWork '13, major Safari upgrade, OS X 10.9 upgrade with actual improvements to deep components of the OS and not just layered-on iOS features that bug up the OS, iWatch with curved glass, iTV that replaces Cable, more revolutionary features like AirPlay and Grand Central Dispatch, something! :(

I hope to be proved wrong with some great Pixar movies and Apple products in the future. :D

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
iPad mini death of Apple? Ha! It wil probably end up being one of their most popular products and when it goes retina probably become more popular than the full size iPad. iPad mini is probably one of the best things to happen so far under Cook.

And how exactly is Apple void of creativity when the development of most, if not all the products released last year happend while Steve was still alive? :confused:

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
I remember the days when that word used to mean something good. Now it just means their screen isn't as good as what the competition offer.

Really? Show me a 15" laptop with a better screen than the retina MacBook Pro?

Didn't think so.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
The iPad Mini was the death of the stock. AAPL was doing fine before (up to $700!). When the iPad Mini was released, reality set in and people saw the real Tim Cook era, an era void of creativity and focusing on the product rather than profit. The things that caused Apple to fall in the 90s are happening again.

Apple can't survive in this direction. No major hardware or software upgrades since October 2012. :confused: Even Pixar has taken a hit after Steve Jobs died. (Cars 2, Brave) And now there are plenty of pointless sequels and no creativity. Just like Apple is making pointless variations on its products (the cheaper iPhone rumor BETTER NOT be true).

I bought the stock at $209. I saw it rise up to $700 in 3 years. I saw it fall $200 in a couple of months. Something is wrong. I hope Apple is hiding something big... like Logic Pro X, new Mac Pro, major iOS 7 upgrade, iLife '13, iWork '13, major Safari upgrade, OS X 10.9 upgrade with actual improvements to deep components of the OS and not just layered-on iOS features that bug up the OS, iWatch with curved glass, iTV that replaces Cable, more revolutionary features like AirPlay and Grand Central Dispatch, something! :(

I hope to be proved wrong with some great Pixar movies and Apple products in the future. :D
This is one of the best posts I've ever read.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.