When is Apple gonna quit being BETA and start being ALPHA?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by IpadMania, Apr 1, 2013.

1. IpadMania macrumors regular

Stock price nearing 52 week lows and tim cook apologizing and looking like a fool. Apple not making any products and my investment account looks like it was dumped in the toilet.

2. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I am going to give you the opportunity to do something about it. This is your shot to get it done, don't let us down.

Apply here

3. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Apple isn't making products so you can make money off your investment.

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

5. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Not good, but it happens.

Rare, but China presents an enormous opportunity for Apple so they stand to benefit if he/they come across as "caring".

Your opinion.

Your imagination.

Your problem.

6. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I think that's the point, he wants them to be numero uno, so he can't proudly display his Mac products without embarrassment and start investing in their stock again. Or since I bought a few shares at $700, he wants it back up so he can sell.

7. IpadMania thread starter macrumors regular

No one owns apple stock on here above $600 a share?

8. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Most of us that did own it at a 600+ price, sold when we saw it going down. You might want to start paying better attention to your investments. :rolleyes:

9. eco7777 macrumors regular

i used to own Apple at 14. A friend sold them while i was on vacation in FL and bought MCI.

I didn't shoot him, but at that moment my life went to hell in the Event Horizon.

10. IpadMania thread starter macrumors regular

Oh yes that makes sense. Sell when something starts going down. FAIL

11. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

You say "FAIL" but yet, you're the one on a forum bitching about having a stock that's 200 down from where you purchased it. The writing was on the wall way before it went down. If you actually knew more about what was going on with your money, maybe you wouldn't be here complaining. Seems to me, MacRumors isn't what you need to be reading.

12. hexonxonx macrumors 601

No. I bought in several years ago when the stock dropped to $200.

13. malman89 macrumors 68000

Sounds like someone should diversify their investments and stop living day to day or week to week with them.

If I cared about the daily ups and downs of my Roth IRA or 401k, I think I'd go insane. Even a year is nothing in the long run (unless you're much older and nearing retirement).

14. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

Should've at least had a trailing stop

You're down something like 30%. Someone who exited the market now has more money than you. It's that simple

15. Rogifan Suspended

Rogifan

I sincerely hope your investment account is diversified with more than just AAPL otherwise you're the fool.

16. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

The iPad Mini was the death of the stock. AAPL was doing fine before (up to $700!). When the iPad Mini was released, reality set in and people saw the real Tim Cook era, an era void of creativity and focusing on the product rather than profit. The things that caused Apple to fall in the 90s are happening again.

Apple can't survive in this direction. No major hardware or software upgrades since October 2012. :confused: Even Pixar has taken a hit after Steve Jobs died. (Cars 2, Brave) And now there are plenty of pointless sequels and no creativity. Just like Apple is making pointless variations on its products (the cheaper iPhone rumor BETTER NOT be true).

I bought the stock at $209. I saw it rise up to $700 in 3 years. I saw it fall $200 in a couple of months. Something is wrong. I hope Apple is hiding something big... like Logic Pro X, new Mac Pro, major iOS 7 upgrade, iLife '13, iWork '13, major Safari upgrade, OS X 10.9 upgrade with actual improvements to deep components of the OS and not just layered-on iOS features that bug up the OS, iWatch with curved glass, iTV that replaces Cable, more revolutionary features like AirPlay and Grand Central Dispatch, something! :(

I hope to be proved wrong with some great Pixar movies and Apple products in the future. :D

17. Rogifan Suspended

Rogifan

iPad mini death of Apple? Ha! It wil probably end up being one of their most popular products and when it goes retina probably become more popular than the full size iPad. iPad mini is probably one of the best things to happen so far under Cook.

And how exactly is Apple void of creativity when the development of most, if not all the products released last year happend while Steve was still alive? :confused:

18. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I remember the days when that word used to mean something good. Now it just means their screen isn't as good as what the competition offer.

19. decafjava macrumors 68020

decafjava

How so? :confused:

20. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Really? Show me a 15" laptop with a better screen than the retina MacBook Pro?

Didn't think so.

21. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

This is one of the best posts I've ever read.