Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I mean everything else is ugly and easily tore up in about two weeks time. Belkin's v1 iPhone clear acrylic case was the best with a nice belt clip and rotating clip for viewing video in landscape view that would easily attach to my briefcase and handsfree for my (1) hour commute on the BART train each way...:(

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
I mean everything else is ugly and easily tore up in about two weeks time. Belkin's v1 iPhone clear acrylic case was the best with a nice belt clip and rotating clip for viewing video in landscape view that would easily attach to my briefcase and handsfree for my (1) hour commute on the BART train each way...:(

Hmm actually the v1 Belkin clear acrylic case was a piece of crap. Within 2 weeks my first gen iPhone chrome bezel was completely scratched up. As if someone ran sandpaper on it. If they come out with a 3g version, I'd stay away from it.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Hmm actually the v1 Belkin clear acrylic case was a piece of crap. Within 2 weeks my first gen iPhone chrome bezel was completely scratched up. As if someone ran sandpaper on it. If they come out with a 3g version, I'd stay away from it.

Well, I had a different experience, b/c my Marware silicon case did all the scratching and my Belkin did more protecting. I was also able to watch videos/movies using the clip by attaching it to my briefcase on public transportation. I'm using a Rocketfish from BB and it costs about $4-$5 and it's all scratched to hell on the case and the screen protector is built into the case, so it's nice but minute scratches seem to appear on the SP from nowhere, (pretty sure it's the cleaning cloth or the rubbing). :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.