When is Credit card charged and Status changed to Preparing for Shipment?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lucasrant, Sep 13, 2015.

1. lucasrant macrumors regular

Does anyone know when exactly are credit cards charged? Is it when the order status changes to Preparing for shipment? At what point before the actual release date does that usually happen?

2. isaihtb11 macrumors regular

Probably the morning of the day before.

I saw the title of this topic and I got a little excited for a second :(

3. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Yeah you guys need to stop this stuff. :p I got excited again as I haven't even had an authorization go through.

4. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

My card has been charged for both phones and I'm only In Progress :/ Maybe the charge will drop off.

5. thatpluslife macrumors regular

thatpluslife

I got super excited from the title too haha We'll probably see charge and tracking in the next few days.

6. lucasrant thread starter macrumors regular

haha i can see now how it was very misleading indeed. I changed the title. I'm sorry!

7. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

I think Apple Pay buyers get charged right away whereas credit card buyers get charged a day or two before delivery.

8. marchrose2011 macrumors regular

I ordered through my AT&T rep to keep my unlimited data and my credit card was charged right away and my order status is "preparing to ship" also. Is this a good thing? It's my first preorder.

9. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

10. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I used Apple Pay, nothing' showing up yet. I did get my confirmation email when I ordered yesterday.

11. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Ahh. So maybe not.. I didn't use AP and haven't been charged. Got my confirmation email and order is in "processing" status. The charges start when your phone is scanned by UPS or FedEx and is about to deliver. That'd be around Wednesday and Thursday the 23rd and 24th. Happens every year.

12. swedegirl macrumors regular

I ordered verizon 2 year contract pricing from Apple and was charged immediately

13. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

I ordered through verizon with the edge option. And charge yet. I don't think we will see anything for at least a week.

14. Bo15 macrumors 6502

Good question; wondering the same. I paid via Apple Pay using the Apple Store app. I do not have any pending charges on my CC tied to AP. I do show an Apple transaction under my Passbook app. I chatted with Apple CS and they said the charge won't go thru until 2-3 days before shipping.

15. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

Ordered on the Apple site with a credit card, and no charge is showing on my bill.