Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
Ok, my previous thread proclaiming that the iPhone 5 was coming out in June, was shut down. Apparently making a educated guess is not the same as absolute certainty.

So instead of predicting when the iPhone 5 is coming out, I will simply ask....When is the iPhone 5 coming out??

Thanks!

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
Most likely spring/summer 2012.

In September of this year we should get the 4S or whatever they call it. But the iPhone 5, the LTE version, probably won't be out until 2012.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Apple is going to release a 4s which is a slightly updated iPhone 4. The 5 is supposed to be a major update.

the 4s will possibly come out in the fall, at least that's the rumors.

Check out the front page of MR to see the news/rumor on this.

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida

In September of this year we should get the 4S or whatever they call it. But the iPhone 5, the LTE version, probably won't be out until 2012.

Oh, one more thing.....when is the next Steve Jobs Speech? Maybe he will surprise us and announce the iPhone sooner than expected.

Apple is going to release a 4s which is a slightly updated iPhone 4. The 5 is supposed to be a major update.

the 4s will possibly come out in the fall, at least that's the rumors.

Check out the front page of MR to see the news/rumor on this.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
Oh, one more thing.....when is the next Steve Jobs Speech? Maybe he will surprise us and announce the iPhone sooner than expected.

Monday is the next Steve Jobs speech. Could he announce the iPhone on Monday? No. Apple keeps telling us that WWDC this year is all about the software. I don't know why people won't believe what Appe is saying.

ZombieZakk

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2011
Ok, my previous thread proclaiming that the iPhone 5 was coming out in June, was shut down. Apparently making a educated guess is not the same as absolute certainty.

So instead of predicting when the iPhone 5 is coming out, I will simply ask....When is the iPhone 5 coming out??

Thanks!

im sorry before i respond did you really just say an educated guess and absolute certainty is not the same thing? lol but of course they are not. :rolleyes: sorry had to get that out of the way.

Well i think the iphone 5 will not be out until 2012 but i think we will likely see a 4S iphone with a slight spec bump but probably no drastic changes until 2012 and the iphone 5. will it be monday or september i do not know im curious to see what they have in store.

I went and check how much it is for an iphone 4 off contract as i was debating the white 32gb and it says on june 6 2011 i will be eligible for the discount to $499 from $699 so this could be because there new device will be released monday or it is just premptive but my upgrade was originally not until december.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca

Thanks!

Unless Apple sends out a press release or Steve jobs announces the next iPhone on stage, all anyone is doing at this point is predicting.

Take the hint, your other post got deleted for a reason, why did you feel the need to post it again?

luked14

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
It's now a safe bet that the iPhone 5 will come out in September (could be a major or minor upgrade) and then the iPhone 6 will be released sometime in 2012.

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010
If the rumors of just a small/minor hardware update called the iPhone4S in same from factor are true, I could see it being announced next week, and release in July, and then the HUGE revisions saved for the true all new from the ground up iPhone6 in Spring 2012.

pyro008

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2011
Monday is the next Steve Jobs speech. Could he announce the iPhone on Monday? No. Apple keeps telling us that WWDC this year is all about the software. I don't know why people won't believe what Appe is saying.
Regardless of what they are officially saying, no iPhone would be a huge letdown. 2 year contracts for the 3GS will be up soon, and asking them to wait a few more months for a slightly upgraded iphone4 is a bit much.

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
Regardless of what they are officially saying, no iPhone would be a huge letdown. 2 year contracts for the 3GS will be up soon, and asking them to wait a few more months for a slightly upgraded iphone4 is a bit much.

Why is it a bit much? They can buy an iPhone 4 right now, the most popular smart phone model on the planet, or go month-to-month for a little while and upgrade to the next iPhone. What's this weird concept that you have to constantly be under contract, and that the moment one contract ends you have to hurry up and start a new contract?

Or is it the hardware? If you are the kind of person who itches to replace your phone with new tech every few months, Android is the place for you. They are constantly swapping out one phone for another as soon as some new feature gets announced.

But most people are simply not like that. They get a phone they like, they use it for as long as they enjoy it.

pyro008

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2011
Why is it a bit much? They can buy an iPhone 4 right now, the most popular smart phone model on the planet, or go month-to-month for a little while and upgrade to the next iPhone. What's this weird concept that you have to constantly be under contract, and that the moment one contract ends you have to hurry up and start a new contract?

Or is it the hardware? If you are the kind of person who itches to replace your phone with new tech every few months, Android is the place for you. They are constantly swapping out one phone for another as soon as some new feature gets announced.

But most people are simply not like that. They get a phone they like, they use it for as long as they enjoy it.
You get a substantial credit from your carrier, you've been using the same phone for 2 years, you want to get a new one. A 1 year old phone that is already outdated is not going to be that appealing to many people who prefer to stick with a phone for the duration of a 2 year contract so they dont have to pay ridiculous unsubsidized costs.

And why would they not just come out and say "there will be no iPhone announcement at WWDC" if the point of the release was to confirm the rumor?

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
Really? That is very far out. So I guess if I need an iPhone, it does not pay to wait. Thanks for your imput.

Don't listen to anyone providing dates in this thread. It's pure speculation and they're basically just running their mouth. None of us know when it will be released, but wait until WWDC and hopefully we'll soon have an exact day or month for a release.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America

Sigh, enough with the iPhone 4S talk. The 5th generation iPhone will come out in September, hence iPhone 5.

OP, your other thread was closed for a reason, think about it.

pyro008

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2011
Because that's simply not how marketing works.
Enlighten me please. Tell me why if Apple wants to prevent a letdown by announcing what will be there beforehand why they would not address specifically the most prominent rumor/expected announcement. If anything, by mentioning a few things that we already pretty much knew, and staying mute on the iphone front, the anticipation will build even more and be an even bigger letdown.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
No, making a completely empty statement with no source and no detail is why it was closed. Just posting "I read on the internet that ____" is not a valid reason to start a thread.

This is also not a valid reason since this has been discussed to death and if anyone knew anything it'd be on the front page.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.