When is it a good time to buy an imac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Quocy, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Quocy macrumors member

Hi i've been reading all the threads about the rumoured apple event on the 9th sept, and was wondering if they do decide to change the imac specs, what changes will i expect to see?

is it worth waiting? or shall i buy one now (i need it asap as i am starting university this month)

i also want to ask, if i brought my imac from the HE store would i get 3 years warranty along with my imac standard? some people are saying that if i do buy applecare i am only getting international cover and extended telephone support?

thanks in advance :apple:

2. mattniles007 macrumors 6502

mattniles007

If you cannot wait until next week buy it now, the deal with the iPod cant be beat, the iMac shouldnt have any huge update forthcoming

3. RainForRent macrumors 6502

RainForRent

If you need it ASAP, buy now. No sense in waiting and inconveniencing you from doing your schoolwork. The changes may be nice, but they probably won't be anything you cannot possibly live without. Right after I bought my MBP, they changed the chip architecture and then added DL DVD support. But my MBP still worked quite well. There is always something better out there, just get it when you need it and enjoy your shiny awesome new iMac.

4. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

iMac is the most recently updated Mac so I doubt we will see next revision this year.