When is new MBA expected?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ansabakhan, May 23, 2012.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i have not been following the news as such , what is the rumor for next update ( both 11 and 13 inch models) ?

2. scarred macrumors 6502a

The next round of information is rumoured to come in 2.5 weeks. That is when WWDC is scheduled, and we hope for announcements of new products. The Macbook Pro is rumoured to have the bigger refresh, so it might get all the attention. The air might only get a spec bump so no big announcement until it happens.

3. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

thanks , i am guessing we might see retina display in all MBA models too

4. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

WWDC is for the Pros. Apple has never refreshed both the Pros and the Airs at the same time. But I'd love to be wrong on this.

5. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

No, I think that's Apple's MO. They tend to release the MBP's, MP's, etc. along with OS X and iOS @ WWDC. The other items like the Mini, and MBA's [and old MB's] at a different event.

6. ka-spot macrumors 6502a

I bought MBA few days ago, so the new MBA are expected at least september or october 2012 :)

7. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Nope. If not WWDC (and I highly doubt this prediction anyway), then end of July or early August.

Late September and early October are reserved for the iPhone :p

//opinion

8. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

So what to do in the mean time for those of us that need a laptop/notebook but have a desktop Mac? I'm dying here! LOL

9. interinfo macrumors regular

That means bigger batteries like the new Ipad which has a battery of 42 Whr, the Ipad2 only 25 Whr .(double charge time)

But the Ivy bridge processor will consume less.

Still I believe more power will be needed , I am buying the present model..

10. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

dont you want to wait and see what apple is going to announce ?

11. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

If you had bought it a few months ago the new stuff would be out by now!

Why did you wait so long?!? Now you've pushed the release out!

:D

12. jgc macrumors regular

I would certainly prefer June (or early July) but worst case I don't think they'll release it any later than early-to-mid August. They definitely need to release before students go back to school. It's the entry-level Mac notebook with a sexy form factor and that has student written all over it imo.

I'm really looking forward to getting it but I personally need a new laptop before next term and I could definitely use the Ultrabook form factor. If I can't get my hands on one before the second last/last week of August, I'm going PC. Maybe I'm the only one in this boat but I highly doubt it.

13. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

I've got a feeling Apple isn't going to want to cannibalize mbp sales by upgrading what is arguably already a good mbp replacement.

I think they'll give the new mbps at least a couple of months in the sun before they re-up the airs. My guess - August 20th

14. Confuzzzed, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012

Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

If a new MBA is released before August (and really my instinct says autumn but wanted to be safe), I will eat my hat