When is someone going to get their hands on a 3G S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by actorkid, Jun 9, 2009.

1. actorkid macrumors 6502

last year, after the 3g was announced, select press and an reviewers were brought into a room for some time with the device.

why hasn't this happened this year? I'm really interested in seeing how this thing performs for real people in the real world.

Essentially, i want to see what the critics think before i take the dive and retire my first gen :rolleyes:

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Gizmodo had a hands-on but it looks like they took it down. It was extremely fast and responsive in their testing, though.

3. actorkid thread starter macrumors 6502

im also very interested in build quality.

im hoping that apple did a slightly better job putting this phone together...doing away with the cracks, light leaks, etc....I'm also interested in the new water/oil resistant coating on the phone...i wonder how well it works

lastly...PLEASE GOD let there be a better speaker...i cant STAND the speakerphone on my first gen

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The speaker in my 3G is better than my 2G, and that may have been a silent upgrade in the 3G$.

5. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

yea they upgraded the speaker for the 3G, it's significantly louder than the 2G

6. actorkid thread starter macrumors 6502

i know they made the speaker a little better in the 3g...but it still completely pales in comparison to...say...the speaker on a blackberry