When is the earliest date OS X 10.9 will be released ?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by XPcentric, Mar 19, 2013.

1. XPcentric macrumors 6502

I cant wait any longer, Firefox stopped making updates for Leopard, now I cant install Flash 11 either and the list is long with software no longer working. I didnt want to get minor updates such us Lion, and now its too late to upgrade, waiting for a big release but dont know when it will be.

2. trustever macrumors 6502

Not sure if your hardware will be supported by 10.9 or if in anycase you could upgrade to 10.8.
    By all means if I were in you I will look in to update to 10.6 Snow Leopard, much refined than Leopard

3. simsaladimbamba

We all do not know, when it will be. It might be July, it could be October.

Anyway, since you have to buy Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard anyway, for which there still is Firefox and Flash support, go ahead and buy Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for 19 USD from the Apple Online Store to hold you over.

4. benwiggy macrumors 68020

10.7 Lion (and 10.8 Mountain Lion) are all "major" OS releases. I don't know why you think that 10.9 will be any more major than those.

If your Mac runs Leopard, then it's highly likely that it won't meet the minimum specifications to run 10.9.
    In fact, some hardware that can run Leopard already doesn't meet the requirements for 10.8 Mountain Lion.

10.6 Snow Leopard will be a big improvement, in features, efficiency and compatibility for you.

5. XPcentric thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you, your answer is the best one!

As for those who answered other things than I asked, I let you know that on my Macbook is supported for Mountain Lion as described at
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5444

Plus that its also possible to directly upgrade to some future releases if you know how.