When is the exact release date on the 17" Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Spadezzfurry27, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Spadezzfurry27 macrumors newbie

When is the 17" Macbook Pro coming out. They said end of January and we are just about there. I was wondering if anyone knows anything.:confused:

2. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

3. detz macrumors 65816

Mine wont be here until the 13th of February. :(

4. lscangus macrumors 6502

5. SummerBoy macrumors regular

SummerBoy

Lalalala I wanna make up right now ha ha
    Wait what

6. Gloor macrumors 6502a

Isn't it gonna be quicker to go to Apple store and pick one up? I pressume that first week of feb should be stocked everywhere in big stores, don't you think?
    I hope that they will have the matte option available too as that is the only change I want to make. :)

7. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

Good luck on finding the matte in stores, I believe that will be only CTO from online.

8. Gloor macrumors 6502a

Really? That would be mean :)))) Well, I hope that is not gonna be the case but in worst case I will have to order and wait like everyone else. :)

9. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Tuesday in the Apple Stores, but only the base model, and they'll sell out in about 5 mins.

By the way i do hope people know that when they are released on Tuesday 3rd Feb they wont have iLife 09 on them, so dont rush to get them just get, wait 2 weeks until iLife 09 comes preinstalled.

10. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

I wonder if my CTO shipping on Feb 5th will have iLife 09...

11. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

very unlikely. i heard it wont ship preinstalled before Feb 20th, and will be available on Feb 3rd for purchase in store.

12. Atomicfission92 macrumors regular

Thats sorta messed up though. Spending Almost $3k on a MBP and then they want you to pay another $9.95 for the updated iLife 09'..... Anything to make money huh...:(

13. nickcliborne macrumors regular

It's only another 10 bucks ...

14. marcelg macrumors newbie

You are right - another 10 bucks (£7.95) on top of:

* the cost of the basic machine £1949

plus a couple of possible luxuries (though this is a subjective area):

* the 2.93 GHz processor (£210) and
    * a faster HDD - 320 Gb @ 7200 (£35)

And one already has to pay £2194.

If one really wishes to have a connected, protected, responsive and non-reflective machine, one has to add:

* what you pay for the remote control (£15)
    * what you pay for the cable to hook up any external device (video projector, external display etc) (£20)
    * what you pay for Apple Care (£273)
    * what you pay for the antiglare screen (£35)

I am scared to total it up as is!

:confused:

15. MacFever macrumors regular

MacFever

Probably would've been faster to go straight to the Apple store and buy one there rather than pre-order it. LOL

now those pre-ordered have to wait 4-5 weeks while the stores get priority.

16. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

^^^ The Apple Stores in the San Francisco Bay Area don't even have the 17" MBP 2.6GHz for display. I went to (3) different Apple Stores (Emeryville - San Francisco Stockton Street - Stonestown Galleria) yesterday, and they all had the old model at the reduced price of $2399, down $400 from their normal price. :eek:

17. lscangus macrumors 6502

Apple is trying to increase its profit margin. With the non-removable battery and lots of missing details and reduced components, the production cost of the unibody Macbook Pro should be much cheaper than the older generation.... What a shame that they are stripping on all the essential adapters. I remembered my Rv.A 12 Powerbook has all the accessories and adapters out of the box.

18. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

But with the pre-order we can add things we want and not take the base model...

19. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

I agree completely. When I got my PowerBook G4 15" in like October 2005 or whatever it came with a DVI to VGA adapter and a connector for TV's I think it was SVIDEO or Composite. And when I got my current MacBook Pro 17" it came with the Front Row remote, and I believe it also came with a DVI to VGA adapter but don't quote me on that.

Today you get nothing but the computer, power brick, Operating System DVD and a booklet on the machine. It really is quite astounding to me considering the cost of these computers that they come with almost nothing. If I bought a HP or an Acer or an ASUS or a Sony I would most certainly receive all the adapters and remotes I required for half the price. And even if I went to Alienware or VooDoo (Which produce hardware on Apples level of simplicity and design) I would still receive all the stuff I needed.

I'm locked in to Apples hardware because I cant get OS X anywhere else but I won't be buying any of their extras if I can help it. I can't wait for 3rd party Dual-Link DVI adapters to arrive and I'll be using my current Harmony One from Logitech for Front Row. Not getting more money outa' me Apple *Shakes fist at sky*

20. Mark2000 macrumors regular

Mark2000

Apple is becoming one of those huckster electronic shops you see in big city tourist areas. All the cables come separately at a huge cost despite them originally coming with the product. Next Apple will make us pay extra for power cords. That remote, BTW, can't cost them more that a buck to make. Apple really doesn't value their customers as much as they used to just two years ago.