Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sapporobaby

macrumors 68000
I'm sick of these threads.

There's still at least 6 months before they'll do anything to it.

@WLS they would NEVER release a smaller ipad with a better processor than their flagship 10 inch. It would deprive sales.

Exactly mate. These threads are a complete waste of bandwidth. Why would anyone even think that Apple would release a new iPad when the current one is not rolled out everywhere? Seriously a bit of common sense goes a long way.

dvince2

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2007
Canada
Nope. 6.95" iTPad(hybrid tablet and pad) 3.0, 4Ghz A8 chip, 4gigs memory, bionic optical Retina display, 4G/wifi/wimax with 3D imagining front and rear, iOS 5, internal laser gyroscopes, military grade accelerometers, in a completely transparent polycarbonite/lucite/glass enclosure. Only weighs 110 grams. 6 months between charges thanks to new plutonium based fuel cells.

Unless there's bluray, I'm not getting it :mad:

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
I know when it is coming out.

...just after someone releases viable competition for the gen1.

Why would apple release anything before there is something to leap-frog?

So they might not release anything until 2012? No.
You make some sense, but Apple isn't going to hold off merely to wait for another product to leap frog. It might rush a release or slightly delay a release, but there is a window they will definitely release in because they want to sell products and a newer-better iPad will sell more product.

They are working up the iPad every day. It'll be released on a pre-determined schedule in the future, and the next release might be quite an advancement in hardware to trump competitors and keep ahead of the rest of the market.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.