iPad When is the iPad Air 2 coming?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by saintforlife, Apr 29, 2014.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

Any chance it could be released at WWDC? I think we can agree that except for the from factor the iPad Air is a step back in terms of user experience, much like the iPad 3. The iPad 4 fixed almost everything that was wrong with the iPad 3, except the thickness and the weight. The Air feels much like the 3 - some good stuff (form factor, lightness), but some bad stuff to go along with it (1GB RAM, the ridiculous Safari reloading, iOS 7 niggles etc.)

Since the iPad 4 was released in less than a year after the iPad 3 was release, any chance the same thing happens with the iPad Air and we see the iPad Air 2 towards the end of this summer itself?

2. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

3. saintforlife thread starter macrumors 6502a

I better head to the Apple store then to beat the lines. Oh wait....we don't do that anymore. We just pre-order online. Thanks of the heads up anyway.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I seriously doubt it. The reason why they released the iPad 4 early was so Ipad releases could be aligned with the holiday shopping season. Now that they've got it aligned, I doubt they'll change it anytime soon.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If I was a betting man, I'd say you won't see an update until the fall. Apple seems to update their iPad line in the fall and so expecting a new iPad before that may be unrealistic.

6. AppleWarMachine macrumors 6502a

AppleWarMachine

7. hologram macrumors 6502

8. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

According to many people here two months ago.

9. Tsepz macrumors 65816

Tsepz

Seems legit. :D

10. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

October. I can guarantee it won't be announced at WWDC.

11. Dave245 macrumors 601

No that's rumoured to be the iWatch :D

12. oldhifi macrumors 6502a

oldhifi

When I order a Ipad Air, then the new ones will come out..and I will need to upgrade again:D

13. MyiBill macrumors 6502

14. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

No way. At WWDC we're going to see a preview of iOS 8 and OS X 10.10, which will give developers some time to get beta copies and test their apps agains the new OS versions. It'll be months after that before the OS is ready to go public, and new iPhones and iPads are timed to get released with the new software.

Unlikely. the iPad 4 was done for two reasons: jump the release schedule towards the end of the year to line it up with iOS release cycles, and to give the iPad a lightning connector so that it matched up with the iPhone 5.

15. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

It's coming in fall. Don't ask how I know. I guess I'm just good at this or something.

16. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The Air 1 was released approximately one year after the iPad 4 so the Air 2 will be out approximately one year after the Air 1's release.