When is the jailbreak for the a5

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Apple-a5, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apple-a5 macrumors member

When does the jailbreak for the a5 processors get released I have the iPad 2 and am awaiting updates, or does anyone know the progress ? Release date?

2. newdeal macrumors 68020

The a5 has been out for a long time and no one has found a exploit on the chip yet. It's unlikely they would release it until the a6 is out even if they found something in hopes that it would work on the a6 also

3. danielowenuk macrumors 6502

You mean aside from the 4.3.3 ipad 2 jailbreak of course!

4. Apple-a5 thread starter macrumors member

Yes obvourse and I know it has been out a while, my iPad 2 is new so I got it on fw 5.0.1 , is their anything I can do ?? Or is it standard until the release of the a5 jailbreak 5.0.1?? Is their anyway to downgrade?

5. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

It's very easy to predict the release date.
    It's in 53.2 days.
    Thank you.

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

No there's no way to downgrade without your saved SHSH blobs. It's kind of dumb that apple prevents you from downgrading, its your device and u should be able to do what u like.

7. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Except when you bought it and made your Apple account, you agreed to the Terms of Service. You agreed to have Apple prevent you from downgrading. If you wanted to downgrade you should not have accepted the Terms of Service. Not to be harsh, but the reason you can't downgrade is really because of your decision.

8. number84 macrumors 6502

^ yah but what choice do you really have. It's not like you can really decline.

9. newdeal macrumors 68020

The 4.3.3 jailbreak was userland, it was not an a5 jailbreak the way that a persistent jailbreak was found for the a4. Once a hole in the chip is found then every firmware becomes jailbreakable and it's just a matter of working on an untether kernel exploit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.