Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

When is the Mac mini coming out?

• July

Votes: 49 53.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • September

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • October

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • November

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • December

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 12 13.0%

• Total voters

calvol

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
The Mini is Apple's "gateway" product, to get non-Mac people who already have a monitor, a cheap way to move into the MacWorld. It will never have great specs and will always be at an entry-level price.

mystic man

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2009
Athens, Greece
There you go. I hope it isn't true though, but if you do read closely it says the overnights will be smaller meaning it could be the mini!:)

http://9to5mac.com/2012/07/15/apple-store-overnights-happening-july-24-mountain-lion-launch-the-next-day/

----------

sad to admit it but you might be right
If we were to have new hardware, I believe reports would flood in of incrased mobility on apple's suppliers or enormous deliveries being made in apple HQ, (dunno exactly how supply chain works in apple) but we would have a sign of mobility. So far is really quiet

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
Like the iMac if the Mini is not updated next week then it could be September before we see them.

But given Apple's love for portables I can see them quietly releasing the Mini and iMac at any time in the coming months.

nje

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
As much as I would like it to come out this month I believe it will be later in the year to coincide with a revamped iMac. Probably October.
I dont see them getting rid of these machines any time soon. It's the go to Mac for a lot of businesses such as mine. When it does finally drop i will pick up a dozen of them. I'm presuming they would make their money on volume with the mini's.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Cuz there was no official announcement from apple. And I read somewhere it was saying that macrumors was saying the mini is end of life. But anyhow there was no official announcement and no other proof that it needs to be refreshed any time soon or that it ever will.

Everything you read on Macrumors is true.

I have this bridge to sell you. You've read it here first.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
I was replying to where this was posted, pro's and mini's:

I know the laptops sell for more and they sell more of them, but I guarantee they sell a LOT more mini's than mac pro's and it's profit that matters not which sells for the highest price. That's what I was talking about. I don't think anyone in their right mind would claim the mini's outsell the laptops or imac's.

Since you didn't quote the post about the pro, and this is the mini forum, not the pro forum, it was reasonable of me to assume you were talking about the mini.

----------

Everything you read on Macrumors is true.

I have this bridge to sell you. You've read it here first.

I know times are hard, but please don't sell your dental work. You never get back what you put into it.

calvol

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
If not by July, probably the next point would be October. I'm hearing Apple is settling on quarterly-annual releases now-- Q1: iPad, Q2: Air, Q3: Mini/iMac, Q4: iPhone.

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
Since you didn't quote the post about the pro, and this is the mini forum, not the pro forum, it was reasonable of me to assume you were talking about the mini.

I WAS talking about the mini AND the pro.

Since this is the mini forum and not the laptop or imac forum then why did you associate my comment with laptops and imac's? Why is that reasonable.

You are not making sense.

calaverasgrande

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2010
Brooklyn, New York.
I am so sick of Apple's PR machine games. I work for a media company and we need to order some Macs soon. I have to tell them that Apple might be releasing new macs soon, or might not. Nobody knows.
This kind of childish hype generation is getting old. It makes it impossible to plan corporate IT effectively. We literally had budgeted for 4x17 MBPs as filed FCP machines. But now we have to go with 15" MBPs and game the BTO configs so they hit almost the same price point. Yes corporate budgets are silly as hell!
Every other computer company has well known release dates for new iterations. Though I garner from Apples lack of updates on the Mac Pro and deep sixing of the Xserve and xsan that they dont really care about the corporate clients.
Too bad. I wouldnt mind converting 3/4ths of the systems here to Macs.
My budget for next year would have no problem with it. But I can't even say for certain that the models I budget for this year will be available next year. Nor can I count on them to be current tech next year.

Bunyak

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2011
I am so sick of Apple's PR machine games. I work for a media company and we need to order some Macs soon. I have to tell them that Apple might be releasing new macs soon, or might not. Nobody knows.
This kind of childish hype generation is getting old. It makes it impossible to plan corporate IT effectively. We literally had budgeted for 4x17 MBPs as filed FCP machines. But now we have to go with 15" MBPs and game the BTO configs so they hit almost the same price point. Yes corporate budgets are silly as hell!
Every other computer company has well known release dates for new iterations. Though I garner from Apples lack of updates on the Mac Pro and deep sixing of the Xserve and xsan that they dont really care about the corporate clients.
Too bad. I wouldnt mind converting 3/4ths of the systems here to Macs.
My budget for next year would have no problem with it. But I can't even say for certain that the models I budget for this year will be available next year. Nor can I count on them to be current tech next year.
I understand that professionals are getting the message from Apple and are moving on to other hardware vendors. I was told that H-P hardware is becoming popular with graphic design types.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
I understand that professionals are getting the message from Apple and are moving on to other hardware vendors. I was told that H-P hardware is becoming popular with graphic design types.

Well... and that's pretty ****ed up. If Apple really wants to make a step forward they need to become the first choice in the "company market".

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
I went to my local apple store this afternoon and nobody had any clue either. They don't tell us anything either he said.

calaverasgrande

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2010
Brooklyn, New York.
It's like the IOS device money has them thinking they only need to focus on consumers, not corporate clients.
Kind of a bad strategy. My budget for new IT is about $200k next year. Half of that could be Apples if they took corporate IT more seriously.

Candunc

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2012
Canada
I'd say next week, but who knows. Might be in October with the iMac launch if it isn't next week. I'd want one with an quad core i7 standard, so I can go into stores and pick it up launch day. :p

Bunyak

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2011
It's like the IOS device money has them thinking they only need to focus on consumers, not corporate clients.
Kind of a bad strategy. My budget for new IT is about $200k next year. Half of that could be Apples if they took corporate IT more seriously.
Last year my office bought an HP workstation to run MATLAB. Even then, its specs exceeded the best Mac Pro. It appears to me that Apple is ceding that market and doesn't want our money.

n0cus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
I'd say next week, but who knows. Might be in October with the iMac launch if it isn't next week. I'd want one with an quad core i7 standard, so I can go into stores and pick it up launch day. :p

Do you think is possible that Apple would release the Mac mini this week, and the iMac in October.

Poki

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2012
Do you think is possible that Apple would release the Mac mini this week, and the iMac in October.

Nope. It seems they want doing it this way:

Q1: iPad
Q2: Mobile Macs
Q3: Desktop Macs
Q4: iPhone / iPods

Even when ignoring this quarter based analyze of their recent releases, it simply wouldn't make sense releasing the iMac at a different point in time than the Mini.

n0cus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
Nope. It seems they want doing it this way:

Q1: iPad
Q2: Mobile Macs
Q3: Desktop Macs
Q4: iPhone / iPods

Even when ignoring this quarter based analyze of their recent releases, it simply wouldn't make sense releasing the iMac at a different point in time than the Mini.

Ok, I hope they launch the desktop Macs in Q3.

Seyedo

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2012
I need a Mac mini badly but I don't want to buy one and the next day new one comes out!!

marcellux

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
I need a Mac mini badly but I don't want to buy one and the next day new one comes out!!

Someone on twitter wrote:

new iMac/Mac Mini should be out by August-end, and will be available in India by Sept 15th. He said it was a pretty sure guess :)

Mike Valmike

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2012
Chandler, Arizona

No, because the iPhone is the only product of consequence that Apple will release in October. The October iMac rumor came from DigiTimes and I really wish people would stop repeating it as it is rectally sourced.

Poki

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2012
Someone on twitter wrote:

new iMac/Mac Mini should be out by August-end, and will be available in India by Sept 15th. He said it was a pretty sure guess :)

End of August could make sense. But it makes much more sense releasing it together with ML and the iMac this week. Why take the Apple Online Store down two times? Why make vacation blackouts one more time than necessary?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.