When is the MB, not the MBP, getting an update?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by username7410, Feb 15, 2008.

  1. username7410 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2008
    #1
    Hi, I've decided a Macbook with a 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram and a 250GB ATA @ 5200RPM is exactley what I need. However, how long I'll have to wait for the standard Macbook to get a CPU and Touchpad upgrade ...as well as the rumoured silver aluminum casing with colors to follow. I'm not in dire need for a new computer, but I am very excited to get my first Mac ...I have $2500 and everyday I visit apple.com and almost buy the computer I mentioned above, lol.

    The Macrumors buyer guide states the current models are mid-cycle. Would it be out of the ordinary for Apple to introduce an updated standard Macbook in the next 6 weeks?

    Thanks!
     
  2. Praetorian® macrumors regular

    Praetorian®

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2008
    Location:
    Czech Republic
    #2
    Well, MacBook was updated in November so next update will probably be in May or June. But it is also possible that Apple announces new MacBooks with new MBP's. I'm gonna buy MacBook in 5 weeks or so (just waiting for money), so I think you can click on the BUY button in the Apple Store and you won't regret it. :)
     
  3. elppa macrumors 68040

    elppa

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2003
    #3
    My personal preference would be to buy after a release, so it it the newest model for longest.

    If you think you will regret not waiting to get a machine with an Alu case (possible), extended multi-touch trackpad (probable), processor upgrades (likely) then don't buy.

    However if you think the model will meet your needs and you don't want to wait, then go for it. You make the decision, not us.
     
  4. BNO macrumors member

    BNO

    #4
    I do not believe that Apple will release a MB with MultiTouch in the next few weeks. Why? This would draw back MacBook Air sales. Most people buy the MBA because of the light weight, the form factor and MultiTouch. The MacBook gets pretty close to weight and form factor and you can get it for around 1100 US$, so why should you buy a MBA at a price of about 1800US$ which is slower?
     
  5. JML42691 macrumors 68020

    JML42691

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2007
    #5
    It would be a little bit unlikely for Apple to release an update now, and as someone said before me, it'll probably be May-June. And the only thing that you can truly expect for now is faster processor speeds, as those come basically with every update. I would say that you are safe to buy.
     
  6. Ant1-Hero macrumors regular

    Ant1-Hero

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2008
    Location:
    Montreal
    #6
    I am so sick of these stupid posts!! there are 1000 threads like this already, if your to dumb to use the "Search" button on the top of the screen, then your to dumb to use a mac

    :mad:
     
  7. Fezzasus macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2008
    #7
    It wont be updated for a while - it doesn't need to be. It's a fine computer and there isn't really anyway to upgrade the specs without cannibalizing the Macbook Pro sales.

    Buy it now, you'll be happy.
     

Share This Page