Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ejosepha

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Given that the last refresh was in June, when will the next refresh of the MBP line occur--given past performance. Will there be an upgrade or refresh before Christmas?
Of course, no one can say definitively, but with past as prologue, I am waiting for the next refresh to buy one with SL.
Thanks

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Which one. Given that the 13" is really the MacBook, it's on a different cycle. And the 15" and 17" see major overhauls at different times, the former then the latter.

ejosepha

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
The 15" or the 13"?

didn't both the 15 and 13 inch MBP both come out in June with the new battery type and underbelly construction change? In any case I would be buying either the 15 or 13".

Ammo

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
I would not be surprised if the lower end MBP's get a spec bump after the Macbook refresh. I cannot justify spending more on a MBP if the Macbook gets a spec bump with the refresh along with a lower price point.

yargk

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2009
From past history 8 months seems like an upper bound. I'm getting the next 17. I hope it shows up before February, but at least it shouldn't be any longer than that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.