When is the MBP due for a refresh?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ejosepha, Oct 12, 2009.

1. ejosepha macrumors 6502

Given that the last refresh was in June, when will the next refresh of the MBP line occur--given past performance. Will there be an upgrade or refresh before Christmas?
    Of course, no one can say definitively, but with past as prologue, I am waiting for the next refresh to buy one with SL.
    Thanks

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Which one. Given that the 13" is really the MacBook, it's on a different cycle. And the 15" and 17" see major overhauls at different times, the former then the latter.

3. ejosepha thread starter macrumors 6502

The 15" or the 13"?

didn't both the 15 and 13 inch MBP both come out in June with the new battery type and underbelly construction change? In any case I would be buying either the 15 or 13".

4. Ammo macrumors regular

I would not be surprised if the lower end MBP's get a spec bump after the Macbook refresh. I cannot justify spending more on a MBP if the Macbook gets a spec bump with the refresh along with a lower price point.

5. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Im thinking Jan next year for the MBP range but who knows

6. yargk macrumors member

From past history 8 months seems like an upper bound. I'm getting the next 17. I hope it shows up before February, but at least it shouldn't be any longer than that.