When is the next Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rhyzome, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If you are looking for a specific and accurate answer, no one has it. But if you want an estimate, highly likely in September 2018 during the iPhone Keynote for an announcement.

2. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Roughly, 149 days, 6 hours and 10 minutes. Not that I am interested.

3. Dino F macrumors 68030

Dino F

...so I guess there really is no point in upgrading my Series 0, 42mm Space Grey Apple Watch to a S3 until September to see if they announce a new watch?
    :confused:

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The big question is what is the new "redesigned" watch going to be like. This will be the first time Apple has done this.

5. rhyzome thread starter macrumors regular

Yes—will the next Apple Watch be redesigned?

6. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68000

KarimLeVallois

Announcement Tuesday 11th September, Pre-order Friday 14th and release 21st September

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

????

8. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

Some say yes, based on rumors from last year. Others say it will be at least till next year due to new screen technology. Frankly I think Apple Watch is a prime candidate to be left alone (this year), design wise other than taking into people's requests.. needs to be thinner and an option for a larger display. Which they can easily do both by making the screen bezel-less. Then release the new screen display next year or the year after with a full new watch design. Guess we shall see what happens. Apple Watch is the only device I get excited about because application design for me is super easy and has a larger revenue base for what I do.

9. deeside81 macrumors member

I really hope the watch series 4 comes with at least 3 days battery life. Would really love one but unless its 3 days will not get it.

10. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Tuesday.

Now which Tuesday, I can't tell you. Neither can anyone else.

11. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

A new apple watch is most certainly coming....

12. pika2000 macrumors 601

Series 5 will probably just expand the cellular partners around the world, while having a faster SoC as well.
    For series 6, Apple probably is ready to roll out microLED for an edge to edge screen AW.
    I doubt there will be a significant redesign except for less bezel/slightly thinner body.

13. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

I found a leaked image of an apple engineer working on the AW prototype. Looks like a redesign to me.[​IMG]

14. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

The only one who knows that for sure is Tim Cook and he doesn't participate here.

15. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Unless the OP is Tim and he’s just trolling us (again).

16. danny842003 macrumors 6502a

danny842003

If there is a redesign

17. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Bookmarked

18. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

In that case, Tim, get rid of the huge volume HUD on the iPhone! :D

19. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

There Really is no “If” at this point, there will be a redesign and in all likeliness, the question is how drastic will the redesign be? That’s yet to be determined, Apple is Rather conservative with hardware changes. The overall design choice will likely remain, But it’s been rumored (By Ming Kuo) that a 15% larger display, larger battery and additional health sensors, which can mean that there will be some casing tweaks. And if anyone else is wondering, there will not be a round Apple Watch.

https://9to5mac.com/2018/03/27/new-apple-watch-larger-screen-series-4/

20. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

My guess is September based on the last few years of release, i'm looking forward to upgrading from my current Series 0 to a Series 4. I just hope they continue to do the Ceramic models has i wouldn't mind trying one of those or the black stainless steel.

21. Lennyvalentin macrumors 65816

Lennyvalentin

Would love to be able to pull off a ceramic watch next time (they're omg beautiful), but alas. Almost certainly too expensive. Black stainless steel would probably be my 2nd choice today - I've had aluminium now for three years (in a little over three months) and it's been nice (alu watch is very low weight so no bother to wear at all), but the solid feel of steel could be really nice too I'm thinking.

22. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The Ceramic models for the Apple Watch will be back. Apple is going to offer one class higher over the stainless for those who are willing to pay the premium price for it. I don’t think they will offer a new color, but perhaps just a continuation of the space gray and white.

23. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

anthonymoody

I've decided to upgrade from my S3 to an S4 unless they change the band attachment, in which case I'll get a discounted S3. Too much invested in my bands to leave them behind. For now at least.

24. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

One day after said announcement is a major watch band sell-off in macrumors marketplace along with Apple’s very on 20% discount since those bands will not be compatible.

Roflmao penny always gets the latest gear first!! Awesome pic blast from the past lol made my night.