Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kayak23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2010
I was looking into buying my first Mac and I need a labtop. I have been looking at the 13" intel duo core model 2GB. I was informed that I should wait and not purchase this model as Mac will soon be coming out with an overhauled 13" version offering an I3 processor.
Does anyone know when this will occur? I have heard it may be either this november/december or not until next april?
Are there any significant upgrades coming for the 15" model in the near future?
thank you for the assistance

vipergts2207

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2009
Columbus, OH
We may see a speed bump sometime this year for the 15" and 17", I'm not sure the 13" will be upgraded from C2D though. C2D is going to be ending production though. Next year we will be seeing Sandy Bridge put into all of the MBP's at some point. Hopefully this happens by early Q2.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
Don't fall into the "I'm waiting for the latest/greatest" trap. You'll wait forever. Buy what you need, and enjoy...:)

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
There is a similar post about once a week. Since you are new you get a pass. Use MRoogle to do a search first before posting and you may get your question answered more quickly. Here's the site: http://mroogle.*************/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.