When is the touch going to come to walmart and stuff?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kingballin20, Sep 13, 2008.

1. kingballin20 macrumors regular

kingballin20

i was at my local Wal Mart when i saw that the 1g ipod touch was still on sale. Does any one know when THE NEW TOUC gonna come to Walmart, target best buy etc:apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

-----

above post edited - this post now irrelevant

3. YodaEXE macrumors member

Just call and ask. I doubt any of us work there.

4. hairbratdanni macrumors newbie

lol i think OP meant the 2g ipods but i was thinkin exactly what you typed

5. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

I'd say within the next week or so. It's totally possible that they're getting them tomorrow though.

I work at Target and am waiting for them to get the iPod touch as well because I can get one for 20% off plus I have a $5 gift card and a $5 coupon.

$229.99 (price)
    +17.82 (tax)
    -49.56 (20%)
    -5.00 (gift card)
    -5.00 (coupon)
    $188.25 out the door :D

6. vanhanz macrumors newbie

I have to get mine at Micro Center, I called them on Friday and they told me it would be 3-4 weeks before they got them. I think they told me this so i would stop calling everyday. Micro Center usually gets apple stuff a little after the apple stores. I'm going to keep calling because 3-4 weeks seems excessive. :p

7. new2macworld macrumors newbie

just went to a costco in VA today. they have the 16G only, at $289.99, plenty of stock. if anyone cares, nano is $142.99

8. arholmes macrumors newbie

Just went to my local Walmart here in Greeneville TN and they had just one of the new Ipod Touch 8gb Version.

9. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I checked at my local Target and the clerk there didn't even realize new models were out. They still had the old iPods at orginal MSRP. Big stores get resupplied through a distribution warehouse network. The devices would have to be shipped to those warehouses, then expect another week before they make their way to the stores. If CostCo has them then they are more aggressive than most other stores.

On the other hand, my University's little Mac/PC shop had them on Friday last. Not every color of the nanos though, and they had already sold out of their few 16gb Touches by noon.

10. kydan macrumors newbie

Doh

I ordered mine off apple website, wish I didn't. Had no clue it was coming from China, but I guess that's what we get when we order as soon as it's available.

I called Best Buy--They (I live in Warner Robins, GA) are getting a shipment on Tuesday.

I called Circuit City--They are getting a shipment on Wednesday.

Walmart had no idea when I called and asked.