When is too close?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yippy, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. yippy macrumors 68020


    Mar 14, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I have an oportunity to get Tiger cheap through my university by buying an Apple Maintenance program. Technicaly it gives me all OS's realeased between now and January 2006.

    Here is the question. If I wait to buy it untill January. The price for me will go down from $45 to $29. However, if Tiger is realesed early January, and the price does not drop until mid to late January (likely because they probably wouldn't drop it untill classes start) I would have to pay the $29 PLUS another $25. Bringing it up to $55 total. (You have to have the latest OS to buy into the maintenace program, and no, I cannot buy it for $25 because it is only $25 with the AMP, $69 by itself).

    So now if I haven't confused you all, should I just buy it now or wait until the price drops?

  2. scan300 macrumors 6502

    Mar 25, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    It's unlikely Tiger will be released in January according to many opinions. Apple are still making lots of changes with each beta revision, so the consensus is that they won't have it ready for January.
  3. pyrotoaster macrumors 65816


    Dec 28, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    Tiger's release will definitely be announced in January, at MWSF (at least something along the lines of "And it's shipping late [month]!").

    It's probably worth waiting if you're looking to save the money. Obviously just keep an eye on the rumors as we get closer to MWSF, though. Who knows what'll happen between now and then. :D

Share This Page