When might 10.6.3 come out?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by OldCorpse, Dec 8, 2009.

1. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Any guesses as to when 10.6.3 might come out? 10.6.2 came out Nov 9, it's almost Dec 9, so it's been a month. I'm going to buy a new 27" quad iMac January 2010, and I was wondering if it might come with 10.6.3 pre-installed... that would be cool! There still seem to be a lot of issues with 10.6.2, it is much less stable than 10.5.8 not to mention my favorite 10.4.11 which I still run, and which has been rock solid, never equalled so far!

I'm really hoping 10.6.3 will be when Snow Leopard finally becomes great, instead of riddled with bugs as seems right now.

So historically, how long has it been between the 10.x.2 and 10.x.3? January 9, 2010 it will be 2 months between 10.6.2 and 10.6.3... here it is, a month after the 10.6.2 release, and as yet I haven't even heard of a 10.6.3 built released to developers for testing...

Any ideas or speculation or rumors :)?

2. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

No idea on timing, there have been no rumors of dev seeds that I have heard. 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 took ~5 months, so who knows? 10.6.2 is fine though. Even 10.6.0 didn't really have any big issues for me, although the 4-finger glitch was pretty annoying.

3. kolax macrumors G3

Probably February or March.

OS X 10.6.2 is fairly stable, though there is still an issue with the menu bar (sometimes things just disappear if you switch from an application that is just about to load - you have to switch to another and back again).

Wireless (especially with 802.1X networks) can be a bit dodgy.

4. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Wow, really? 10.6.2 is stable? Hmm. There seem to be a lot of complaints on the boards, but I guess that's always the case. Good to know.

5. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Most people don't come to the forums to say "I love 10.6.2" only to complain

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yep it's stable [for me] I've had zero problems.

7. ecapdeville macrumors member

ecapdeville

Hi there!

No problems for me and 10.6, the only bad thing at first was the problems with the printer drivers but everything else had been great.

greetings

8. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

It will be released when it is ready.

What problems are you having with 10.6.2?

9. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Personally, I'm having none, as I'm still running Tiger 10.4.11 and it has been rock solid for me. However, my computers (iBook and mac mini) are both PPC and getting old and slow and it is time to upgrade. So I'll be buying the new 27 iMac sometime in January - hopefully after they work out their flickering/yellow stripe issues... at that time, it will come pre-loaded with Snow Leopard... the question I had in my mind: which SL? 10.6.2 or 10.6.3? Looks like the answer is likely 10.6.2. Regarding the "buggy" complaints - these are not mine, just based on what I read on these boards... a fair number of people claim problems and downgraded to Leopard. It's understandable, each new edition has teething problems and stabilizes around the x.3 to x.6 iterations.

10. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....once again, looking or searching before creating a new thread would have revealed that this has been done already....oh yeah!