When MMS comes out...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tctony, Aug 10, 2009.

1. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

I know that a carrier update would enable MMS, but I have also heard that it is likely the carrier update will be included in 3.1. A couple questions:

1.) Can you install a carrier update and not mess up your jailbreak?
    2.) If a carrier update and 3.1 are released together, and the answer to 1 is yes, will I be able to only select the carrier update?
    3.) Does the dev team generally, upon new OS updates, come out with a way to update the OS without having to rejailbreak?

I would like MMS, but I just finally got everything exactly how I want it on my phone. So I probably wouldn't update unless my jailbreak would still be intact.

(PS I know that if you install 3.1 it would break the jailbreak, so please don't tell me that)

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

1) Yes, you can.

2) Not sure about that one, b/c we haven't seen it yet? :confused:

3) Not sure about a new OS, but if you were talking about FIRMWARE, then no, you normally have to jailbreak again with the new JB...

As requested; I won't mention a thing about 3.1....:p

3. tctony thread starter macrumors 6502a

tctony

So, after 3.0 came out, I remember people posting all these carrier files which would supposedly allow MMS. So when the official carrier update comes out, somebody could technically post that and I could install that without having to update, correct? (assuming you couldn't just select the carrier update seperate from the 3.1 software)

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

We're not sure how they're going to do the MMS update, but it'll probably be a carrier update. Nothing else to add here, but I wanted to tell you how your sig always makes me laugh. That guy was loads of fun.