When new Apple TV available in stores?

webbuzz

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2010
They are beginning to pre-order tomorrow, with units shipping on Friday... So, I don't imagine that they will be in the stores before Friday or Saturday.
Agreed. If they were going to be available in stores, Tim would have said that.

RollTide1017

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
Montgomery, AL
I called my local Simply Mac store to see if they had any idea when they would get them. They said they wouldn't know until it showed up in a shipment.

I wish we knew because if it started showing up in stores this weekend, then it would be faster to wait instead of preordering and it not shipping until Friday.

CaptTCS

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2013
Bainbridge Island, WA
Really... When, if ever, has Apple ever put a product in the stores at the same time as they started pre-orders. What would be the point?

They will begin taking pre-orders tomorrow, will begin deliveries on Friday (both, as advertised).. Then, they will hit the shelves on Friday or shortly thereafter.

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Really... When, if ever, has Apple ever put a product in the stores at the same time as they started pre-orders. What would be the point?

They will begin taking pre-orders tomorrow, will begin deliveries on Friday (both, as advertised).. Then, they will hit the shelves on Friday or shortly thereafter.
the pre order strategy is to create hype.

sam2428

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX
Where does it state the pre-orders will start tomorrow (legitimate question)? Everywhere I am looking it just says available on the 26th or coming soon.

Apple has released several items to be available in store on day one. I cant see why they would need to have a pre-order process for the ATV. Its not like its an iPhone or iPad.

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Where does it state the pre-orders will start tomorrow (legitimate question)? Everywhere I am looking it just says available on the 26th or coming soon.

Apple has released several items to be available in store on day one. I cant see why they would need to have a pre-order process for the ATV. Its not like its an iPhone or iPad.
Tim Cook said in an interview last week pre orders will start tomorrow

Reactions: sam2428

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68030
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1

iPhones 5s. There was no pre-order actually, just ordering. I concur with your other point though, I expect Friday deliveries and in store availability.

BradWould

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
No one has any real idea when they will be available in store. However, what is with all this pre order talk? Is it just habit from previous launches? There is no pre order for the new Apple TV. Maybe it's just semantics but the product went ON SALE today with 3-5 days before shipping. The button said "buy now" not "preorder" and Tim Cook mentioned nothing about preorders in his statement. If I had to guess, we will likely see the new Apple TV in store no earlier than Friday but possibly later in November. That being said. They could be there today for all anyone knows.

Last edited:

CaptTCS

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2013
Bainbridge Island, WA
No one has any real idea when they will be available in store. However, what is with all this pre order talk? Is it just habit from previous launches? There is no pre order for the new Apple TV. Maybe it's just semantics but the product went ON SALE today with 3-5 days before shipping. The button said "buy now" not "preorder" and Tim Cook mentioned nothing about preorders in his statement. If I had to guess, we will likely see the new Apple TV in store no earlier than Friday but possibly later in November. That being said. They could be there today for all anyone knows.
Do you see new Apple TVs in the stores today? NO.
Is the Apple TV ordered today shipping today? NO.

Orders placed today are "Pre-Orders"!

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Local store says they expect it this week, I canceled my online order, makes no sense waiting for it next week when I can get it in my hands this week

Reactions: BradWould

Applenoob34

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2014
No point in ordering unless you just want to save a trip to the Apple Store. They arent selling in massive quantities. The expected ship date hasn't changed since this morning when they went on sale. Unlike the Apple Watch that changed almost after the first 30 seconds of ordering.

webbuzz

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2010
I was curious and called two stores near me. One said it was possible they would have inventory by Friday, the other said all they knew was orders were live online.

If the store gets inventory before my orders ships, I will cancel.

Last edited: