When new MacBook Pros will be seen at Best Buy??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by robEstyles, Feb 19, 2008.

1. robEstyles macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

New here and hopefully will be owning my first Mac soon. I came to this site after deciding to finally get a MacBook Pro about 2 months ago. I read about the rumored MacBook Pro updates in mid-Feb which was perfect for me. My Birthday was last week so I figured I'd go out and get one with my birthday loot. Now that it's come and passed I'm debating whether I should just bite the bullet and get one cause here's the thing, I got nothing but Best Buy giftcards for my bday. So my question is theorhetically if Apple released the new MBPs next Tuesday the 26th what does that mean for stores like Best Buy getting them. Is it going to be a day or two? Weeks? Or is it not going to be until they get rid of all of their old ones? If I have to wait another month to get one even after they come out I'm just gonna get one this week.

2. AndyK Contributor

AndyK

Personally, if you can manage with out one, I'd wait till they are out.

You can guarantee that if you buy one today, the new ones will come out next week and you WILL kick yourself for not waiting.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

They should be available the same day as they are available in the Apple Retail Stores. The BB Online store should have them available on the same day as the announcement.

TEG

4. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

but if you buying one does casue them to come out next week a whole bunch of people on this site will love you

besides, you can just return it for the new one best buy has a pretty good exchange policy, i exchanged a hd-dvd player for the next model up a week or so after the prices dropped, no restock fee...check on laptops though

5. robEstyles thread starter macrumors newbie

If it's the same day as the Apple store then I'll continue to wait it out. Back to the ole' Athlon for now. Damn it Apple you have a converter right in your hands let me freakin' convert already.