When no battery, restarts completely

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by limonade, Mar 18, 2011.

1. limonade macrumors member

limonade

When my Macbook Pro runs out of battery, I charge it and try to 'wake' it up, sometimes it goes back to how it was before … and sometimes, it restarts completely! I have this computer since last fall and I think it always did that… I had another MBP before with no such problem.

This is getting frustrating because sometimes I'm working on projects that I hadn't save before it runs out of battery…

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

- I hope I used the right terms, English is not my mother tongue so sorry if I made any mistake…

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

3. limonade thread starter macrumors member

limonade

Like I said, I bought my computer last Fall (so a few months) but the battery always did that from the time I got it…

4. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Try calibrating the battery (see the manual).

I would suspect that the Mac is running out of power before it can complete the Safe Sleep shutdown.

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

You said that you had the computer since last fall, that doesn't necessarily mean you bought it new at that time based on how you said it. That's why I asked how old it was - no worries though. :)

As the other person mentioned, try calibrating it from the link I provided. If that doesn't work, take it in to an Apple Store and they may find it defective and give you a new battery.

6. limonade thread starter macrumors member

limonade

Oops, sorry. Yes, it was new :p

I will try calibrate it and give you some news, thanks guys :)