When offline does GameCenter still get achievements?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xystence, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Xystence macrumors regular

I know that it gives an offline error, but does it still gather achievements for games that are game center compatible? I have read various searches that it will load them once internet is available and you run the game again. Is this true?

The reason is I am going on a 7 day cruise and may play a few games here and there and I won't have internet on my iPhone, but would like to get the achievements lol

Thanks for the advice!

2. 184550 Guest

That's been my experience when playing games like 'Angry Birds' and 'Cut The Rope'. The achievements will load/ process once you establish a connection.

3. Xystence thread starter macrumors regular

Can you please detail that just a bit more friend? Lets say with games that are game center compatible like angry birds and cup the rope. If I play the hell out of them while I'm gone and get several achievements, what process would I have to go through to make them load into game center? I tried getting an achievement in cup the rope, got it while phone was in airplane mode, and it did not go into game center. Once I turned airplane mode off it never loaded into game center.. I had to do what I did to get the achievements again for it to load through

4. Zalatorisaurus macrumors member

Zalatorisaurus

I always thought it worked like open feint does. Get achievement while offline, whe connection is established data is synced and achievements are saved.

5. Xystence thread starter macrumors regular

I hope thats the case lol