I'll start this post by telling everyone to laugh at me. My tower died last November. I did not initially buy one cause I had a 2008ish Imac that my wife used, which I can work on. Besides new towers were coming out in Feb of 2012 so I should wait. Ha. Wait all the way to Macworld then am totally let down. Decide to buy a new IMac only to find that an update must be around the corner. Ugh that was months ago, and I stopped following the MacPro feed. Tonight I find out that the new IMacs will not be announced tomorrow. So if no new IMac happens in 2012 should I then wait again for the Pros? Sounds insane. Is there any news? Would it be Feb or Macworld or next fall. As if anyone knows. i guess Cook did say "Late 2013" right? Moral of story... When your work machine dies you buy a new one right away. No matter what the RUMORS say. I could have had a dual hex core for the last year. I'm stupid. Mind you the IMac has held up well, except for 3D renders but that is asking too much from this machine.