When overnight shipping isn't.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MsMerryMac, Sep 6, 2010.

1. MsMerryMac macrumors regular

Yeah, I fell for it - opted for the overnight shipping and actually believed that overnight meant overnight. Now that my Touch has formally shipped on the 6th, it has a delivery date of the 9th. How is that overnight shipping?

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Some Apple stuff comes direct from China (at least MBP's) so they overnight it to the US, then overnight it to you. Not sure why there is an extra day lag in there though.

3. Panther71 macrumors regular

Receiving it on the 9th would technically be a two day shipment. Today is a US holiday, so the shipment won't be going anywhere in the US, today.

4. 7even macrumors 6502a

That's what I said in another thread. I went with free shipping last year and had my iPod on the 2nd business day.

5. MsMerryMac thread starter macrumors regular

Still, the way I look at it, they knew it was coming from CHina so realistically could have indicated that over night isn't really overnight from time shipped. I'm still glad I am getting it in a few days, but I think that when you pay for overnight, it should truly be overnight/next day from date shipped, no matter where it comes from. So, theoretically, they should not have offered overnight for this particular shipment. Lesson learned.

6. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Yeah its a tough situation. Was the status before you ordered "In Stock and ships in 24-hours"?

7. Guiguiga macrumors regular

Guiguiga

It's actually right. The official release date is September 8th. If you chose overnight, you'll get it 1 day after the official release date. Otherwise, you'd get it before everyone else, and Apple wouldn't like it. I chose the free shipping, so mine says: delivers 10-14 of September. Got it?

8. MsMerryMac thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I "get it" but since it shipped this morning (got the confirmation e-mail) and I paid for next day delivery I think it is a bit of a contradiction that I won't receive it until Thursday. But, whatev...this time next week it won't matter, I will still have my new, long-awaited Touch and all will be well within my world. lol

9. 7even macrumors 6502a

Didn't Apple or someone issue refunds to those complaining at some point because overnight wasn't actually "overnight" then too? For iPads or something like that.

10. MsMerryMac thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know but I'm calling tomorrow because seriously, I could have bought in store on delivery day and I thought "pre-ordering" would have some benefit. I didn't pay next day shipping to have it arrive four days after ship date, even IF one day is a holiday.

11. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

I'd consider tomorrow "overnight" since it's a holiday today.

12. MsMerryMac thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, me too...so Thursday is pretty much unacceptable no matter how you look at it. Apple has always been good to me though so I am pretty sure if I call they will refund the shipping. I'll keep you posted.:apple:

13. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Good luck with that one

14. malikk macrumors member

Hello,
    How do I know when my apple product has been shipped? It says under order status, has not yet shipped. Delivery date sept 10 (estimated). I am only wondering if I can figure out exactly when it ships or if i am missing something, because I am leaving September 16 for a extended trip to europe.

it still says ship 1 week under order status. I ordered it on the first so i am just worried they will end up shipping it later and i wont' get it in time :-/. i did overnight shiping becuase of this. (not expecting full overnight shiping but faster than the free option).

15. MsMerryMac thread starter macrumors regular

I got an email saying it was shipped.

16. malikk macrumors member

I'm a little worried I will not get it in time. I have not even gotten charged yet for it.

17. itouchus macrumors newbie

I payed for 2 night shipping and it says September 10-14
    I don't get it :confused:

18. Guiguiga macrumors regular

Guiguiga

I chose free shipping, and according to Fedex Website my ipod touch is at the local facility and will be out for delivery today. It might not have a waste (pre-ordering) after all.

19. VyseTheLegend macrumors newbie

Just a note: I selected Overnight, but Apple didn't charge me for shipping and it's arriving today.

I think they decided to be generous.

20. MsMerryMac thread starter macrumors regular

I was hoping to get it today, but it's still sitting at the FedEx facility downtown. Booo!