When pre-ordering with apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by corriewf, Jun 9, 2010.

1. corriewf macrumors 6502a

Quick question that a customer service rep at AT&T nor apple could answer. If I want to add a line to my family plan to get the iPhone 4g can I do this with apple and pre order via their website?

2. dave006 Contributor

dave006

New FamilyTalk add-a-lines have not been possible to order from Apple before so I don't expect it to work this year.

Just use the same process as last year, new single line and then merge the line into your existing FamilyTalk rate plan once you activate. You will need to call AT&T Customer Care or swing by a COR location.

Just make sure you know which line is the primary and that it does not get changed in the merge. Yes, you get to decide which line is the primary and yes it does affect your future upgrades. Think, highest cost means highest MRC, so put the line with the highest MRC as the primary line.

Dave

3. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

4. dave006 Contributor

dave006

No it does not, it is only the front end that takes you to the bad news page, give it a try and let us know if you are really able to complete the order of an add-a-line... it will take you to a page to "Reserve" for Apple in-store pickup...

You spent all that time to post the image but not enough time to click the "radio" button to get the bad news.... :eek: :D :confused:

Dave