When receiving a text, can I pull up a menu w/ an option to email the sender?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wineandcarbs, Jul 28, 2009.

1. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

I know this probably seems like a strange question, but when you receive a text on the iphone, is it easy to pull up a menu allowing you to email/call/etc. the texter, vs. just having an option to reply by text?

I'm currently with Rogers and we have crappy international texting plans, so if I want to text a friend in the US I have to use the carrier's email-to-text feature (ie: if I'm texting a friend on T-Mobile I send the text to HERNUMBER@tmomail.net.)

On my Blackberry, if someone texts me, I can hit the Menu button and a menu comes up with options to reply, call the texter, email the texter (if I have an email address set up under their contact info), etc. so I can easily reply to the text by email. Is there a similar option on the iphone? Or would I have to exit the SMS app and go into the email app and start a new email?

Thanks in advance!

2. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Yes, at the top if you tap contact info, then tap on the persons email, the email page will come up with their email already set.

3. wineandcarbs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for the quick response! That's great to hear. It makes it much easier to reply to text messages using the "email to text" method. Thanks for the info. :)

4. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Anytime :)