When restoring and setting up, question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by battlekid, Aug 29, 2010.

1. battlekid macrumors regular

When restoring a ipod, then setting it up as a new ipod in itunes, will it automatically "force" you to upgrade to newest version of Firmware? My ipod touch 3gen 32GB is going to be sold sometime soon, and im wondering in advance if itll keep it's 4.0 or force me to upgrade. It IS JB and i have SHSH for iOS 4.0 and 4.0.2 saved. So, do i need to run a 4.0 TSS local server via tiny umbrella to restore? Or download an .ispw file to do so? I'd really like to know as i havent set my ipod up as a new ipod following a restore for a while (since before the JB). System specs are 2.8 ghz imac, 6gb ram, itunes 9.2 or so (the latest version) and snow leopard. And of course the ipod. Any advice would be nice :)

2. battlekid thread starter macrumors regular

Any thoughts? I think ill just try it and see what happens. If it tries to "force-upgrade" me, ill stop and run a TSS server. If it tries again, ill download 4.0 and run a TSS server. Maybe that'll work.

3. battlekid thread starter macrumors regular

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You restore your iPad following instructions on how to restore to older firmware (google for it), when restore is complete, iTunes asks if you want to restore from a backup or set it up as new, you pick set up as new, done.