When roaming on partner networks, does the Carrier ID reflect this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anonymous guy, Dec 14, 2010.

1. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

For example, I'm on AT&T and I end up on a ROGERS or Bell roaming network in Canada. Does the carrier ID change to reflect which network I'm roaming on? If not, is there any indicator on screen to show that I'm roaming?

2. magicpinkdrink macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

I live across the lake from Canada in Michigan, and occasionally I will roam to Rogers or Telus. The indicator in the upper left hand corner will change to indicate the network I am roaming to. I wish AT&T would come up with a way to block it, because it is irritating to pay international roaming charges when I haven't even left my home!

3. anonymous guy thread starter macrumors 6502

^ sorry to hear about that. Canada is just a span of water away from you guys, but then I guess it speaks wonders about how much stronger their signals are than AT&Ts...

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

if it's another company that you are roaming w/ then yes, it shows the name of the carrier on the top left next to the signal:cool:

5. anonymous guy thread starter macrumors 6502

6. draz macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

This sucks for you because nearly all Canadian carriers offer service in Detroit for free if your local calling area is in Windsor.