When should I buy a mac book pro 15"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ijzbeer, Oct 22, 2010.

1. ijzbeer macrumors newbie

Hello everybody i am new to this forum and i desprestated need help (sorry for my bad english)

I need a laptop as soon as possible for school and i realy just can't wait to buy one...

now i finally made my choice and i picked:

Macbook pro 15" with the i7 (so the fastest 15 inch at the moment)
    with as extras:
    a 500 g , 7200 RPM
    and a high glossy screen

this cost me 2150 euro....with the student discount off...

alot of money for a student but why do i post this topic?...

i am wondering when you guys think there will be a update on the macbook pro....because i realy damit hate it when i buy something and 2 weeks later for example theres an new version :mad::mad:

so when do you guys think i should buy one?...

hoping for support i realy need it :D

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Not before early 2011 when Sandy Bridge arrives.

3. seb-opp macrumors 6502

Read the MR buyers guide, do some research too. You might have noticed the macbook air announcement. With Apple it seems to be one thing at a time, so there won't be anything else this side of xmas.

4. ijzbeer thread starter macrumors newbie

any idea when the new macbook pros will come?

once again i realy realy realy hate it when i buy something wich cost me so much money...and a couple of weeks later theres a new version

its a shame mac will not tell us when the new versions will come ...!

if it will take many months for a new macbook to come...then ill buy mine tomorow but if it will not take longer than 1/2 months than i will wait because i need it for school :apple::apple:

5. ijzbeer thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry my english isnot that good,

i looked at the guide...and when i looked good every 6/8 months there will be a new version...

you think there will not be a new version before 2011?

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Well, there are still over two months till 2011. My guess for MBP update is February or March. Definitely no update within few weeks

7. ijzbeer thread starter macrumors newbie

in that case i will get it tomorow ,.....i dont think there will be new ones before 2011....anybody ells disagrees with this?

also i heard you can get the new model for your old one if you pay something with it...(sorry again for my bad english!)

Anybody ells wants to tell me something i realy should know?? :cool::cool:

8. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

In my opinion, there really is no way to keep up with the updates. Everytime you buy something, something better comes out. You could try following the rumors that are out there about when a certain update/product is dropping, but if you need it now, buy it now.

9. ijzbeer thread starter macrumors newbie

Ofcourse there is not option to be always uptodate...i understand that

but once again i realy hate it when i buy one and 1/2 weeks there is a new one...

i just readed this article on my iphone 4:
    http://www.macrumors.com/2010/10/20/15-inch-and-17-inch-macbook-pros-receive-2-8-ghz-core-i7-option/

so there is already an minor update in fall of 2010....but you guys think there will be any other update aswell?....yer in 2011 but i will not wait for that

i think myself that if there was a major update of the mac book pro they would have anounsid last wednesday at the mac conversion i geuss??

can you please confirm that when i buy it tomorow its the right choose :(

its a lot of money and i dont want to buy a out-dated machine :eek::eek:

i will read this topic tomorow again before i will go to the shop ....please responce asap with the last things i REALY chould know

thank you all

10. smallnshort247 macrumors 6502a

smallnshort247

I'd wait

I'm pretty bad about this kind of stuff. I'll give you a little story. I got my first Mac back in June 2009. It was a graduation gift and I couldn't wait any longer. It was the 2008 late Unibody MacBook (not macbook pro). I'd say about 30 days later Apple launches the new models. What made it bad was that they lowered the price, bumped up the specs and then on top of it all, gave it the MacBook Pro name. I was pissed and sick to my stomach. It turned out my screen had a dead pixel so I took it to the Apple store, hoping that maybe they would upgrade me to the MacBook Pro 13" since maybe they didn't have anymore new MacBooks in their warehouse. They didn't do that for me, but they were nice enough to give me a new MacBook which solved the pixel problem. Since then, I sold that MacBook to my sister and purchased the new 15inch i5 MacBook Pro this past May 2010. I pretty much bought it right after it was launched and I waited till they launched it. I guess you could call me a wise buyer now, but I learned my lesson for sure. The best thing about waiting till the latest product comes out is that you know you have the latest thing that they offer for usually one year or less.