WHen should i buy a Macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by superm007, Nov 26, 2007.

1. superm007 macrumors newbie

I am sorry if this question has been asked multiple times already but i am wondering if anyone knows of any deals or new hardware coming out. I am planning on ordering a new Macbook pro very soon unless there is some promotion or new version coming out in the near future. I need to get it by the first week in january so if nothing is going to change by then i might just buy it now. Okay thanks a lot.

2. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

The general rule is if you need it now get it otherwise wait. MWSF is on January 15th and you might see Penryn processors but they also might not ship til a month later. Look at the 2.6ghz bto processors for the MBP. The first one didn't arrive until November 23rd and they were introduced on November 1st.

3. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

There's probably a dozen or so threads in this forum asking the exact same question.

The basic answer is always the same; if you can't wait, then get it now. If you can afford to wait until the "next big event" (whatever that might be), then wait. At that point, Apple *might* put out a refresh on their notebooks, but at the same time, they might not. Nobody really knows at all.

Keep this in mind though; if you intend on waiting for the "next best thing" all the time, then you'll be waiting forever to buy a laptop, because technology is such a wonderful thing and changes so quickly, there's always something new just on the horizon. Eventually, you just have to bite the bullet and buy it; when you should do that though is entirely up to you (again, if you can wait, then wait, if you can't wait, get it now).

4. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

If you're not in a rush, wait till after Macworld in Jan. Apple may announce a MacBook Pro revision but ... maybe they won't.

5. ivan1234 macrumors regular