When should I buy an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by c073186, Mar 17, 2008.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I know that the 3G iPhone is supposed to be coming sometime this year, so I am for sure going to at least wait for that. But is there supposed to be anything else big in the near future that make me want to wait for that?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

GPS is what I think may come next, but whatever the next update brings, it will likely be far away, so I say buy as soon as the iPhone has all the features you feel you need.

3. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

there will definitely be a size bump, most probably to 32gb
    a camera update may also take place as-well while they are at it....
    some people say GPS but i doubt it as i guess it consumes a lot of power... and 3g does aswell so having two power-draining resources = no talktime or ipod listening time....

but definitely wait and im sure you will be in for a pleasant surprise...

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Hope this helps...

I can't remember the poster's name, but I must give him/her props. :p:cool:

Attached Files:

5. yojimbo1 macrumors member

I agree with the above decision tree.

I just bought my iphone last week--loving it so far.

6. drb6 macrumors regular

Yeah get it now if you're happy with what it offers. Its not like an update is imminent. It will be at least 3-4 months if not more. I've decided to wait however long it takes because I really need (want) a 32gb.

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Nice decision tree.... props indeed. Funny funny.

Maybe there should be a separate iPhone forum section that is chalk full of nothing but "Should I buy now, or wait?" threads.:cool:

8. Carnivor macrumors regular

Carnivor

if your worried about keeping up to date and the contract you could have its not an issue, you only have to buy a new device not a new contact,

alot of windows mobile phones are sold without contract and can cost £400+ for the device only, so £279 aint really that bad.

you can always wait for the next best thing, that decision tree is 100% accurate, simple yes/no, no dithering, do i want one? damn right, queued on day 1, done!,

I got macbooks for me and the missus, 2 weeks later there was an updated version, ohh well, still got my macbook tho!!!