When Should I Buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AzRocks, Oct 21, 2007.

1. AzRocks macrumors newbie

I want to buy an iMac with Leopard. Normally, I would have no problem waiting until Friday to buy it preinstalled, but i want to get a printer with it, and i just looked online and saw that the printer rebate expires tommorow... just to confirm- i should probably buy it now- pay 9.95 for leopard and get a free printer- right?

2. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

I just checked the Apple Store UK:

"Special deals for your iMac
    Match a Printer with your Mac
    Save up to 30% on the price of a printer when purchased with a Mac Offer valid until the 30/10/2007."

Unless that's not the deal you saw, if so then sorry!

:apple:

3. AzRocks thread starter macrumors newbie

im talking about this deal at Apple Store US:

Choose the perfect printer with your new Mac.
    And get up to $100 back via mail-in rebate

Choose among more than a dozen models, including photo, all-in-one, and multifunction printers.

Offer good between July 24, 2007, and October 22, 2007.

How to get this special offer
    After you’ve selected and configured your new Mac, you’ll see a list of qualifying printers and a link to download the rebate form, which contains redemption instructions. You must purchase the printer you want at the same time as your new Mac.

4. psingh01 macrumors 65816

how good do you need your printer to be? i have a cheap inkjet for under $30 at walmart. if you just need something every now and then I would recommend going that route.

5. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

I think that Apple just extends the printer offer once it expires just like they do with .mac I'm not 100% sure tho

6. AzRocks thread starter macrumors newbie

is there any reason why i shouldnt order it today and install leopard myself (+ free printer) rather then getting it on the 26th (w/o free printer)

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

This really all depends on what you need to print on a regular basis. A few months ago, I got a mbp, and an all-in-one HP came with it (that was the base model that was for $95, so it was free). After buying it, I realized that all of my printing needs are primarily text, and with the price of ink the way it is (even if they're refills), a laser just makes more sense. If such is the case for you, I'd say that you shouldn't feel the need to buy the printer simply, "because."

The printer deal runs almost throughout the entire year, and for the most part, one is started shortly after another one ends. Consider all of this before you finalize your purchase.

EDIT: I bought my printer sometime around early June, and this printer sale began around July 24th. Just goes to show you that the printer deal is indeed "always" happening. :)

8. Wakakanada macrumors regular

Drat!

I've been lurking on this site ever since my wife gave me permission to buy a mac on Father's day... we didn't like the look of the white [soooo cheap looking and quite a let down from the old candycolour imacs, and that chin!!!:eek:]. Then learned from this site to wait for the new imacs...then Leopard...but I decided to buy today to get the $130 printer rebate, and hopefully they delay shipping to pre-load Leopard [any chance?] NOW I read they keep extending the printer offer! Which seems true since it was originally said to expire end of September...man!

The shipping date says ships Oct 23 to 25th. Any chance they may delay a day for Leopard, or pre-load [hey it must be ready now right?]

9. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Ok, your post rambles on a bit, so I'll try to make the best of it.

Assuming you ordered before October 26th (which you did), Leopard will not come pre-loaded. Depending on your exact purchase date, you will qualify for a $10 upgrade (USD, I don't know what it is in Canadian Dollars).

As for the printer offer, it never truly expires. This is a constant feature of the Apple Store, and has been around for a few years. You should have joined sooner and asked about it before jumping the gun;)