When should I expect the next iPad rev?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacGiver, Aug 29, 2010.

1. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

Aug 12, 2007
  2. lbro macrumors 6502a

Jan 22, 2009
    Nobody really knows. I think the second generation will come out in March or April of 2011.
  3. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

Aug 7, 2009
    Coachella, CA
    I see Apple putting the iPad in its yearly rotation such as the iPod line and the iPhone. Not the same time as those, but roughly a year from when it first released which I suspect would be around April 2011.
  4. juicedropsdeuce macrumors 6502

Jun 23, 2010
    Before Xmas. October or November.

Apple gimped the current version on purpose. iPhone 4 is more powerful with more features. :rolleyes:
  5. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

Nov 12, 2007
    A new iPad will be out within a month or two when OS4 is released for the iPad.
  6. Gakboi macrumors regular

Feb 15, 2010
    never. it was a one off product. They are scrapping it for xmas
  7. Tufflaw macrumors newbie

Jul 7, 2010
    I'm hoping soon, just got a check from a family member as a gift with the instructions to use it to buy an iPad - awesome - but I'd hate to buy it and then the next gen comes out soon with the anticipated front facing camera, etc.

I know it's extremely unlikely, but I'm crossing my fingers hoping for an announcement at the 9/1 press conference (I know, I know, no way, but hope springs eternal...)
  8. dongmin macrumors 68000

Jan 3, 2002
    It would be nice if Apple bumped up the RAM for the Xmas holidays. Would get a few fence-sitters, like myself, to pull the trigger. I guess it all depends on what kind of inventory they're managing.
  9. carlgo macrumors 68000

Dec 29, 2006
    And maybe retina display. After playing with the phone and the pad at the store, the pad seemed less compelling.